• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I read the first two sentences of this and my immediate reaction was STFU. Straight up, based on this and not any else of your posts. Go sit down somewhere, son.
Now then, j Fok or someone please change the title of my cooking thread. I'm about to cook and want to update it. Sheesh.

There's high maintenance, and then there's NORE. 140 posts in this thread, and most, if not all, are either requests for some custom title, or asking to be un-banned, or an insult to other members, or a combination of the three.

Last edited:

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I read the first two sentences of this and my immediate reaction was STFU. Straight up, based on this and not any else of your posts. Go sit down somewhere, son.
Now then, j Fok or someone please change the title of my cooking thread. I'm about to cook and want to update it. Sheesh.

There are multiple threads that are already there that fit this bill.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'd reiterate my suggestion to have spoiler tags automatically included around quoted pics. This should be the default, and people can remove the spoiler tags if there's good reason for it.
"+1" without any additional content should not exist in the current version of the forum - these should go in thumbs. Of course, that's only theoretical when thumbs function doesn't work on iphone/ipad

No. Thats so annoying to have to click every time.

Education makes more sense.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would just like to say, that i think today brought a very nice change in MC WAYWRN. not sure if its due to j's post there, or this thread, or both, but i think it has taken a turn for the better. i hope it continues that way.

kudos to all who have put forth significant effort to affect this change.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I put in a request to see if images could be clickable-thumbnailed or spoilered by default in quotes. We will see what can be done. Most likely it can't be changed for a while at least because it would be a change to the editor(s) and I believe they are working on a whole new system for that. Hopefully it can be put in the wish list though.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I seem to miss the hot streaks in this thread. Damn.

Ed has been using his Dubiously Honored powers quite nicely in his solids and patterns threads.

I agree with the suggestion for auto-spoilering images in quotes.

Question re uploading pics: Is there a way to upload multiple pics simultaneously?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I seem to miss the hot streaks in this thread. Damn.
Ed has been using his Dubiously Honored powers quite nicely in his solids and patterns threads.
I agree with the suggestion for auto-spoilering images in quotes.
Question re uploading pics: Is there a way to upload multiple pics simultaneously?

click on the image icon, read the "how to add multiple photos" link.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I want to upload multiple pics using URLs, not from my computer.

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I want to upload multiple pics using URLs, not from my computer.

I normally just use img tags rather than the dialogue.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I used to do that, but after seeing how many threads are neutered when an image host decides to block, or the OP's account is closed, I think uploading the pics to StyFo's servers is the more durable solution. Because my posts should be preserved for posterity. :D

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

We'll get the band back together...just like ole times.

boaner alert

I'd reiterate my suggestion to have spoiler tags automatically included around quoted pics. This should be the default, and people can remove the spoiler tags if there's good reason for it.
"+1" without any additional content should not exist in the current version of the forum - these should go in thumbs. Of course, that's only theoretical when thumbs function doesn't work on iphone/ipad

please please make this work.

NORE

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's high maintenance, and then there's NORE. 140 posts in this thread, and most, if not all, are either requests for some custom title, or asking to be un-banned, or an insult to other members, or a combination of the three.

There are multiple threads that are already there that fit this bill.

Thanks, I guess I'll have to peruse that section more frequently. Just trying to start some quality threads and not knowing that one existed might be an indicator that we need a fresh, new thread because after all, love me or hate me people are searching for me*

*see Thomas quote above.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads