• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
its a parody thread dood. :plain:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can unregistered people (eg Google spiders) even see DT threads?

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

its a parody thread dood. :plain:

Ahh thanks for the clarification. I hadn't realized the rule is actually "no swearing in thread titles that aren't parody threads." My bad.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Ahh thanks for the clarification. I hadn't realized the rule is actually "no swearing in thread titles that aren't parody threads." My bad.

read the terms of service douche bag. also, *** is not a curse word. for DT i think its reasonable. if a mod says otherwise, ill gladly change it. :)

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

read the terms of service douche bag. also, *** is not a curse word. for DT i think its reasonable. if a mod says otherwise, ill gladly change it. :)

some times using the PC/medical/clean terms makes it feel more explicit:

"I asked kwik to spasm warm ejaculate onto my dorsum"

opposed to

"I Told Kwilk To *** On My Back...."

-

I personally like your version better though.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, i mean, i thought of that, but it kills the parody. :)

glad u do, i do too.

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I agree with Douglas. Not just for vulgarity, but for the bluntness of it. Humor is best when it is subtle. "******* on backs", parody or not, is about as subtle as Javyn's trolling.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree with Douglas. Not just for vulgarity, but for the bluntness of it. Humor is best when it is subtle. "******* on backs", parody or not, is about as subtle as Javyn's trolling.

It was bad, even by my standards.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Look, an adage that the mods used to use is that SF is like a bar. A bar worth it's salt wouldn't put signs up outside that said "cunty" or advertise themselves by saying "*** on kwilks back." the thread titles are what casual visitors see. It's their choice to click into a thread and there things are pretty much anything goes but people have this site up at work and there's just a certain minimum of decorum you need to project to keep the good people coming here and contributing and not just the ******* children. The mods used to enforce that very well. I guess Matt is preoccupied now and j as well and I don't even know who's left. That's nothing against the guys who put so much time and effort in. Who can blame them if they have other priorities now. But my point is that nobody seems to be policing it anymore, to the point where even a former mod is putting the word **** in a thread title.

It's no secret things are devolving here a little. It's sad. I can't help but wonder if these things are related. Perhaps an overreaction but I can tell you there was a time this would not have gone unnoticed for days and days. Those threads have been up for a while. And here we are.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and say I agree with Douglas, too, including the high likelihood that there's a relationship between the devolution of SF and these types of issues.

Last edited:

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Look, an adage that the mods used to use is that SF is like a bar. A bar worth it's salt wouldn't put signs up outside that said "cunty" or advertise themselves by saying "*** on kwilks back." the thread titles are what casual visitors see. It's their choice to click into a thread and there things are pretty much anything goes but people have this site up at work and there's just a certain minimum of decorum you need to project to keep the good people coming here and contributing and not just the ******* children. The mods used to enforce that very well. I guess Matt is preoccupied now and j as well and I don't even know who's left. That's nothing against the guys who put so much time and effort in. Who can blame them if they have other priorities now. But my point is that nobody seems to be policing it anymore, to the point where even a former mod is putting the word **** in a thread title.
It's no secret things are devolving here a little. It's sad. I can't help but wonder if these things are related. Perhaps an overreaction but I can tell you there was a time this would not have gone unnoticed for days and days. Those threads have been up for a while. And here we are.

actually, the analogy i think they have used for this issue, is would you say that at your mothers kitchen table. and the answer to that, is decidedly no. so in line with that thought, and what is clearly the majority opinion here in the appropriateness of my thread title, i will edit it. parody or not.

sorry to all those offended, and for any negative impact i may have had on the growth of DT and the forum as a whole.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
note - i went to edit the thread title, and i see the entire thread has been squirreled. the thread itself was not horrible. certainly not of high quality, but not horrible. could it be put back and i will change the title? if not, no worries.

Last edited:

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I appreciate you (all) looking out for stuff that is over the line.

Right now, we just don't have the collective time to read all the threads or even all the thread titles, especially in DT where I don't really want to get engrossed in anything. So things get missed more than they used to. I used to be able to read every single thread on this forum (granted, only up until 8 years ago or so) but now it's too active to do that. I used to have the time to correct spelling errors where I see them. Now editing thread titles is a little more of a pain than it was, too.

Anyway, we do try to do something about it when these things are noticed, but it would really help if people could report them using the report function. You are not snitching, you can just say 'er..thread title?' in the little box, and someone will probably just edit it. No big deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads