• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You know, it's like the C of E, only in America.

Yeh, I know - I'm on the Vestry of our local Episcopal Church and the board of the Episcopal School, etc. I just doing get the context of the usage here.

Is he saying the discussion of how in the hell he got his custom title would be, like, totally episcopal? If so, what does this mean? Is it better than saying something is just soooooooo Presbyterian!

Or is he asking for Episcopal as his custom title?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
epic

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:) have a great weekend

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeh, I know - I'm on the Vestry of our local Episcopal Church and the board of the Episcopal School, etc. I just doing get the context of the usage here.
Is he saying the discussion of how in the hell he got his custom title would be, like, totally episcopal? If so, what does this mean? Is it better than saying something is just soooooooo Presbyterian!
Or is he asking for Episcopal as his custom title?

Thanks G-Man. Clearly I am not running on all cylinders today!
:embar:

:laugh:

I definitely thought you'd catch the joke, Justin!

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can we go back to no avatars if you dont customize? Everyone looks the same now. The old way you know they didnt have one.

Last edited:

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can we go back to no avatars if you dont customize? Everyone looks the same now. The old way you know they didnt have one.

Can I just say that I hate the generic avatars? It used to be that people either had no avatar - in which case you had to read their user name - or a personal one, that helped you quickly identify the author of a post.
As it is now, you may think you know who posted something, only to have it contradict what that person usually would say, forcing you to back track only to see it was somebody else with the same avatar. Bloody annoying.
I may of course very well be the only one who thinks this, so feel free to ignore...

agree as well. they are teh lame.

Generic avatars are so...generic. Can we delete them please?

I agree about the avatars.
Once I saw a page with 5 replies in a row with the same generic avatar.

As long as generic avatars are available, many of the 100.000 users will have identical ones - leading to the current situation where they subtract from the forum experience rather than add to it.
I'm aware that many forums provide generic avatars to choose from, but that doesn't make it a good idea. The thing is, that a graphic presentation of 'who's talking' is a fast way to recognize who's who. With generic avatars it's like watching a bunch of clones talking, forcing you to check their name tag at every turn.

Finally, how's the nuking of the generic avatars comming along?

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The mods have already said they would tackle this but there are much bigger/more important issues they will deal with first.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The mods have already said they would tackle this but there are much bigger/more important issues they will deal with first.

like getting a good deal on bulk rate condors for the anniversary bash.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads