• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
it's not lag Manton, Greg froze you.

On that - I don't know of a Mr. Freeze button, but J is the doyen of matters plugin, and know that he's not going to go adding anything to the board til we upgrade the forum software.

I do have a bit of direct experience here though, my own Rise To Forum Power™ came as an off-hours spaminator when I was the only mod outside the US (Brian was in SD back then) and we were getting spammed to hell overnight US time. J later gave me a set of keys for other boards...the thing about the spaminator though is that once they give someone that power, it opens up Squirrel and all sorts of other options (or in my case it did anyhow) - and J may not be too keen on appointing a bunch of extra mods - which ostensibly is what he would be doing.

Plus, you guys would inevitably go nuts freezing each other every time you disagreed over Anne Hathaway. Maybe we should just give all DT-regulars time-out-testes to use on each other, and watch you all vanish one at a time.

Anyhow, thanks for the suggestion, and duly noted.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If DT had AOL style punters
laugh.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
(...) Maybe we should just give all DT-regulars time-out-testes to use on each other, and watch you all vanish one at a time.

(...)

That would be so awesome! I would...ehm...wait a minute here.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
Particularly bad this afternoon.
Should I take it personally?

mr-freeze.jpg

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^If you guys want me to go away, just say so.
I'd guess the SF lag has cost industry a billion or so just today.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
What would it take to have either Whnay.'s "You are all smalltimers" or Franny's "I am leaving SF Permanently" thread locked and available for re-reading? Hopefully both could be re-poasted.

Your Atlanta-based friend,
EdinAtlanta

worship.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I've thought that exact same thing, but pezz seems to have a better grasp of grammar.

Originally Posted by Manton
100 times better. Also, I see no sign of Russian nationalism or pan-slavic imperialism in Pezz.

Originally Posted by lawyerdad
If he had that kind of self-discipline, he wouldn't be dkzzzz.

ahem.... the brain-dead moron didn't even bother getting a new photobucket account.
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by dkzzzz
This is when life pwns you:
[B]http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss315/xepbpoce/[/B]Mongoloids.jpg[IMG][/I]

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by [B]Pezzaturra[/B] [URL='https://www.styleforum.net/~styleforumadmin/styleforumfinal/showthread.php?s=6c73daa2ec5a07dcca88d940ac9d5529&p=2979499#post2979499'][IMG]https://www.styleforum.net/img/forum/go_quote.gif[/URL] [/QUOTE]
Gorgeous vintage shoes. Soft (....)
I]

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, it is laggy. No, no account freeze button for the moment. Once upgraded I will be looking into something that will limit posts/day for new members or something similar. That should do a lot to stop the really quick ones.

Xiaogou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
ahem.... the brain-dead moron didn't even bother getting a new photobucket account.
facepalm.gif

fistbump.gif

Good work, Detective gdl!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Yes, it is laggy. No, no account freeze button for the moment. Once upgraded I will be looking into something that will limit posts/day for new members and Conne, Manton, Iammatt, Kyle, Pio, Vox, and bowtielover or something similar. That should do a lot to stop the really quick ones.

spam[1].gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
If anyone impinges on my right to complain about lag, I will absolutely quit the forum.

Will you post a "Goodbye, cruel world" threak before leaving?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
facepalm.gif

I called it first in this threak.
smile.gif
\t\tSeptember 17th, 2009, 04:26 PM \t \t\t
Originally Posted by Dmax
Is dkzzzz back?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads