• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Contest?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why is it that on the SF Frontpage if I click the title it will take me to the newest post, yet anywhere else if I click the title it will just take me to the start? Have to click the icon for new posts. Just kinda confusing and frustrating because when you go to the start of a thread it thinks you've then read everything.

The part of this that bothers me the most is that no matter where you click on a thread, it marks EVERYTHING as read. It doesn't matter if I look at page 1, page 5 or page 20....everything in the thread gets marked read. The expected behavior would be that when I read page 20, everything 1-19 gets marked read but page 21-25 will still be waiting for me if i run out of reading time and have to close the tab before finishing the thread.

When someone posts a video in the first few posts of a page (i.e. where the ads on the side are) the video is cut off and I only see about half of it. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but just in case. Or am I doing something wrong? This is on both Mac and PC for me, Firefox and Safari.

I've posted a screenshot of this somewhere on my 1024px wide netbook...anything other than the smallest size youtube window gets cut off by the side bar if I don't remove it with the element hiding helper

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

When someone posts a video in the first few posts of a page (i.e. where the ads on the side are) the video is cut off and I only see about half of it. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but just in case. Or am I doing something wrong? This is on both Mac and PC for me, Firefox and Safari.

I got this while trying to watch the Underworld trailer in E&C.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whats the scoop with the reviews "contest"? Did anyone get to 30 and get their gift certificate and/or custom title yet?

No one did 30 reviews yet. I am trying to get MC affiliates and also sites like Mr. Porter into our feed, because people are generally too lazy to enter their own items.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whats the scoop with the reviews "contest"? Did anyone get to 30 and get their gift certificate and/or custom title yet?

No one did 30 reviews yet. I am trying to get MC affiliates and also sites like Mr. Porter into our feed, because people are generally too lazy to enter their own items.

yeah i have tried but i couldnt find anything to review that wouldnt be a total bs review just for the sake of the contest :(

i want teh prize (ct)

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

yeah i have tried but i couldnt find anything to review that wouldnt be a total bs review just for the sake of the contest :(

i want teh prize (ct)

I think you have an Isaia tie to review.... :)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think you have an Isaia tie to review.... :)

lol

done. could you send me a pic of the tie so i can upload it. my camera sitiatuon is fuxored up right now :(

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think we need some clean up in the MC WAYWRN thread. The Victor/Kevin spat started out as amusing but it looks like it is going to get a little out of hand. I don't really care who is in the right but I don't think waywrn is the right place for people to start threatening (apparently in earnest) to sue each other and go on e-stalking sprees. It might not do any harm for the mods to nip this in the bud and ask the involved parties to cool their jets.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can't figure out how to unblock people. I swear, I get more Amish every year.

go to your profile. open edit account details. the last option in the box is managing your block list.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
unblock people.

jeez, why?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think we need some clean up in the MC WAYWRN thread. The Victor/Kevin spat started out as amusing but it looks like it is going to get a little out of hand. I don't really care who is in the right but I don't think waywrn is the right place for people to start threatening (apparently in earnest) to sue each other and go on e-stalking sprees. It might not do any harm for the mods to nip this in the bud and ask the involved parties to cool their jets.

Just my 2 cents.

Ah, it seems it's already blown over.

I can't take anyone seriously who threatens to sue for libel over the internet. On a message board. Over clothes. :lol:

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, it seems it's already blown over.

I can't take anyone seriously who threatens to sue for libel over the internet. On a message board. Over clothes. :lol:

No, nor can I. It is not far removed from the My dad would beat your dad up playground crap.

It did blow over, very quickly, but it had echoes of the kind of e-stalking, harassment and nastiness that has driven some of our more worthwhile members away in the past.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a Proxy Error message when I click the New Posts link.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads