• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You must have requested this IP check a dozen times in the past month. Has the fact that neither of us have been banned proof enough that we are not the same person? The only reason I (and likely those who run IP checks) haven't brought it up in the past is because I didn't want to embarrass you but you're clearly not going to stop until you're told otherwise. :confused:

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You must have requested this IP check a dozen times in the past month. Has the fact that neither of us have been banned proof enough that we are not the same person?

A) I can only recall one other time. I think I've called you out one other time. So that makes three times total .

B) No because the mods have been busy and I doubt they've run the IP check. Still won't exonerate you either. Plenty of ways to have multiple IPs and not get caught.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also what is the deal with the add tag function? it is like, we can't just add whatever tags we want to? I typed in something entirely different from Ecco Men Neo Moc Loafer but that is all it would let me select.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really don't know what else to tell you. Obviously, I can't force you to believe the truth unless Mr. Orange and I meet you in-person, log onto our accounts on separate laptops, and post away at the same time. Even then, I'm sure you'll be convinced I paid the guy or something. If you're so adamant about it, I'm guessing there isn't much to change that.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really don't know what else to tell you. Obviously, I can't force you to believe the truth unless Mr. Orange and I meet you in-person, log onto our accounts on separate laptops, and post away at the same time. Even then, I'm sure you'll be convinced I paid the guy or something. If you're so adamant about it, I'm guessing there isn't much to change that.

All it is is an appeal for you to return to your subtler, and better, schtick.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

All it is is an appeal for you to return to your subtler, and better, schtick.

If your sock hunches are as bad as your journalism, no wonder you're always pissed.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Don't have that much faith in IP checks. If you are determined enough, any of these checks can be fooled.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Will there be any sort of stats or evidence that will be able to tell whether the B&S changes lead to more sales? I have a feeling that once more things get accumulated into the database, it's going to be overrun with overpriced junk that people will have trouble sorting through. It seems like there is much less incentive on sellers' parts to make price cuts, so instead of the their items either getting lowered until sold or falling out of the newer threads, those things will just sit there and make browsing really annoying. There are only so many $130 Vomit Yellow and Brown striped Kiton shirts in size 18-33 that people can look at before going crazy.

Last edited:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Can't believe no one else has said this... IP check on Neo and Mr. Orange, plz.

You'll see in numerous Mr. Orange threads one will post, then the other responds 1 minute later. Also, they are complimentary characters, and if you noticed first time I called them out, neo's location was Sometown, Ohio and Mr. Orange had Sometown, Texas one of them changed after I pointed that out. So he isn't being subtle about it.

Sorry Neo, I've said many times now your schtick was better when you were subtle.

A) people have requested this several times.
B) I've run an IP check and they aren't a match, but anybody who has ever had a sock before would know to use a proxy

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

A) people have requested this several times.
B) I've run an IP check and they aren't a match, but anybody who has ever had a sock before would know to use a proxy

I didn't and El Hawat suffered for my inexperience. :(

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably way too technical and minor to even be noticed but.... how come in Firefox, when I have my history, I get the SF logo next to this http://www.styleforum.net/forum/ yet the other SF pages have, I assume, the developers logo next to their link in the history. BUT, when I go to the page itself, it is the SF logo in the address bar. Another catch--when replying, there is no identity information.

Yeah, I just saw all that.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see the like system tied to individual uploaded images. Would also like an option to shrink the size of the Avatar section if that were feasible at all. My monitor at work is an old 3:4, so my viewing area is pretty small in the new layout. Putting date joined and posts on different lines would probably lower the necessary width of that section. Regarding dislike, maybe an opt in like fark.com does with their voting option.

This is of course all just pie in the sky wishlist stuff.

james_timothy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Old friend thread, where have you been on my Recent Styleforum Activity page?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In MC the posters, as well as I, think that Achillus' participation in the Recent Non Sartorialist Looks thread has become quite tiresome. I don't know if he's a troll or just extremely and stubbornly out of touch, but the thread would be a lot better if no longer tried to contribute - and I say "tried" because "contribute" implies something given that someone else would want, which has yet to occur with his posts in that thread.

Achillus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you actually try to act like a adult? Seriously, it's becoming childisch. It's a recent non sartorialist topic where you can contribute as member to place pictures in the thread, which are recent. It doesn't mean that you have to like all (pictures) of them. And if people become personal is it forbidden to react (polite) on it?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads