Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

You must have requested this IP check a dozen times in the past month. Has the fact that neither of us have been banned proof enough that we are not the same person? The only reason I (and likely those who run IP checks) haven't brought it up in the past is because I didn't want to embarrass you but you're clearly not going to stop until you're told otherwise. :confused:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

2. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

A) I can only recall one other time. I think I've called you out one other time. So that makes three times total .

B) No because the mods have been busy and I doubt they've run the IP check. Still won't exonerate you either. Plenty of ways to have multiple IPs and not get caught.

3. edinatlanta

Also what is the deal with the add tag function? it is like, we can't just add whatever tags we want to? I typed in something entirely different from Ecco Men Neo Moc Loafer but that is all it would let me select.

4. Neo_Version 7

I really don't know what else to tell you. Obviously, I can't force you to believe the truth unless Mr. Orange and I meet you in-person, log onto our accounts on separate laptops, and post away at the same time. Even then, I'm sure you'll be convinced I paid the guy or something. If you're so adamant about it, I'm guessing there isn't much to change that.

5. edinatlanta

All it is is an appeal for you to return to your subtler, and better, schtick.

6. Neo_Version 7

If your sock hunches are as bad as your journalism, no wonder you're always pissed.

7. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    Don't have that much faith in IP checks. If you are determined enough, any of these checks can be fooled.

8. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

Will there be any sort of stats or evidence that will be able to tell whether the B&S changes lead to more sales? I have a feeling that once more things get accumulated into the database, it's going to be overrun with overpriced junk that people will have trouble sorting through. It seems like there is much less incentive on sellers' parts to make price cuts, so instead of the their items either getting lowered until sold or falling out of the newer threads, those things will just sit there and make browsing really annoying. There are only so many $130 Vomit Yellow and Brown striped Kiton shirts in size 18-33 that people can look at before going crazy.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

A) people have requested this several times.
    B) I've run an IP check and they aren't a match, but anybody who has ever had a sock before would know to use a proxy

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I didn't and El Hawat suffered for my inexperience. :(

11. edinatlanta

Probably way too technical and minor to even be noticed but.... how come in Firefox, when I have my history, I get the SF logo next to this http://www.styleforum.net/forum/ yet the other SF pages have, I assume, the developers logo next to their link in the history. BUT, when I go to the page itself, it is the SF logo in the address bar. Another catch--when replying, there is no identity information.

Yeah, I just saw all that.

12. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

It would be interesting to see the like system tied to individual uploaded images. Would also like an option to shrink the size of the Avatar section if that were feasible at all. My monitor at work is an old 3:4, so my viewing area is pretty small in the new layout. Putting date joined and posts on different lines would probably lower the necessary width of that section. Regarding dislike, maybe an opt in like fark.com does with their voting option.

This is of course all just pie in the sky wishlist stuff.

13. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

Old friend thread, where have you been on my Recent Styleforum Activity page?

14. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

In MC the posters, as well as I, think that Achillus' participation in the Recent Non Sartorialist Looks thread has become quite tiresome. I don't know if he's a troll or just extremely and stubbornly out of touch, but the thread would be a lot better if no longer tried to contribute - and I say "tried" because "contribute" implies something given that someone else would want, which has yet to occur with his posts in that thread.

15. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

Can you actually try to act like a adult? Seriously, it's becoming childisch. It's a recent non sartorialist topic where you can contribute as member to place pictures in the thread, which are recent. It doesn't mean that you have to like all (pictures) of them. And if people become personal is it forbidden to react (polite) on it?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2011