Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Mods, por favor - I posted my For Sale thread in the MC section but it's getting minimal hits and I think the content may be better suited to SW&D. I don't want to double post, so can someone please just move it over as a favor?

Thanks!

2. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I'm pretty sure it's fine to cross post like that.

3. Master-Classter

4. 951socal

951socal Senior member

iwould like to refute your complaint, that chatter is sort of a self-moderation of the B&S section, the members of the community who enguage in commerce there rely on it in order to feel secure that their/my money is secure, your arguement lead to potentially bad sellers and buyers from doing business unchecked if posts were dis allowed in the B&S.

i can see how it has served you disfavorably, but it is needed IMHO

5. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

iwould like to refute your complaint, that chatter is sort of a self-moderation of the B&S section, the members of the community who enguage in commerce there rely on it in order to feel secure that their/my money is secure, your arguement lead to potentially bad sellers and buyers from doing business unchecked if posts were dis allowed in the B&S.

Sorry bro but that was straight up ignorant thread shitting. Calling someone out for looking "gay" on SF is extra bonus douche bag points.

6. Master-Classter

I don't buy your argument. If I've understood it correctly, you're saying that these posts are a form of self-moderation where other members making comments act as a validity checker for seller credibility. In rare cases, maybe, but it's more like when a low post member has something rare for sale and it might be a scam, but then one can just use the report post button (and it's been implemented a 25 post count rule before being able to post in the B&S already).

instead, people just hit 'new posts' and B&S threads come up, and they forget that the rest of the forum is for discussion but the B&S is not. There are legit posts like 'price drops', and maybe "pm sent", (which even then is unnecessary). We'd all be better off without any discussion in that section.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

What the fuck is with that giant drop down Scorecard Research survey thing?

8. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

What the fuck is with that giant drop down Scorecard Research survey thing?

???

URL? I haven't seen this, so it can't be us...

9. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

??? URL? I haven't seen this, so it can't be us...
    It wasn't a separate link. It was like when you long onto a website and when of those java popups comes up asking you if you want to take a survey. I get them all the time on Consumer Reports and a few other sites.

10. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

xoxoxo! [​IMG]

this guy might be a B&S 2 post poster, but can there be a rule that if you make any of your 2 posts in transmod you get banned and cant use B&S?

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It wasn't a separate link. It was like when you long onto a website and when of those java popups comes up asking you if you want to take a survey. I get them all the time on Consumer Reports and a few other sites.

That should not be happening. There is nothing like the running on Styleforum.

12. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

That should not be happening. There is nothing like the running on Styleforum.
    I had never seen it before and then all of a sudden it popped up on me. I only knew it was you guys because of the flashblock question I asked about them a while back. I haven't seen another one since earlier today.

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I had never seen it before and then all of a sudden it popped up on me. I only knew it was you guys because of the flashblock question I asked about them a while back. I haven't seen another one since earlier today.

Sounds like some kind of spy/adware.

14. daft

daft Senior member

MSE is catching some virus/spyware everytime I enter the streetwear forum.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Sounds like some kind of spy/adware.
    No. These things popup on just about every major site. I've seen them on ESPN, CR, Gap, JCrew, etc..