Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. tagutcow

tagutcow Senior member

Just so we're clear: are badger penises still allowed?

2. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Our new partners have pulled some strings to fix the imageshack issue. Can people see imageshack pics again?
    Thanks, j. That issue, sorry to say, actually decreased my post frequency -- I know it's lame, but I really haven't had a chance to go and read some other host site's TOS, want to give up the gallery of images I already had hosted, etc. Best, Huntsman

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

mm84321 is back.

mm84321 I can deal with. Don Carlos - at least his most recent so-called efforts - not so much.

4. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    mm84321 I can deal with. Don Carlos - at least his most recent so-called efforts - not so much.

DC can be funny and sometimes makes great points, but he needs to cut down on all the trolling.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

DC can be funny and sometimes makes great points, but he needs to cut down on all the trolling.

I agree on 'sometimes', but lately he's been pure crap.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

i never really had a problem with either of them tbh. sure some nonesence was spread about and i dont think the banning or TO was unjust, but they didnt bother me.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Don Carlos used to be okay to have around, because even though you got 60% ridiculously stupid, unfunny trolling, you got 40% gold. That time came and passed about 6 months go. Lately dude has done absolutely nothing but troll and post unfunny stuff.

8. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

I still like him [​IMG]

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

Don Carlos used to be okay to have around, because even though you got 60% ridiculously stupid, unfunny trolling, you got 40% gold. That time came and passed about 6 months go. Lately dude has done absolutely nothing but troll and post unfunny stuff.

I felt the same way for a while. I think the bragging about sending multiple nasty pms to people (Mordecai was one, IIRC) was what turned me. He always worked hard to effect a "cool" persona, but how cool are you when your idea of fun is sending people nasty pms? Really took him down a few notches in my eyes.

10. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    I would take him over a 100 MM's who some were asking to keep around when he got banned, but that's just me.

11. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

nvm

12. Cary Grant

Cary Grant Senior member

Agreed- keeping trolls around just for comedic value just means a few people get cheap laughs while many potentially useful threaks just end up being frittered away and sucking down bandwidth.

13. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

wHEN all DC was capable of is the paleo diet thread...time to go.

Seriously, I know the mods are usually laissez-faire and are dealing with technical issues related to the new system but it really is time to start focusing on how to improve the quality of the site. A new system won't achieve that.

14. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

I agree on 'sometimes', but lately he's been pure crap.

+1... seriously ab/dc, your past few weeks of post just isn't cutting it anymore. even by dt standards.

Seriously, I know the mods are usually laissez-faire and are dealing with technical issues related to the new system but it really is time to start focusing on how to improve the quality of the site. A new system won't achieve that.

though this has been tackled before, and the consensus was giving the site a more democratic tone, I am starting to believe some fascist/dictatorial powers should be used in extreme cases.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

though this has been tackled before, and the consensus was giving the site a more democratic tone, I am starting to believe some fascist/dictatorial powers should be used in extreme cases.
    Here here! Bring on the King's Justice!