• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Lots of people posting in CE -- everyone but me, actually -- posts dumb stuff and thinks they are smart.

y'know it, daddy-o!

++++++

dear fellow members,

if any of you are planning a meltdown next time, would it be so much to ask that you do it in the evening (north american time)? I keep missing out on this dammit!

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand why j put the gauntlet down for Max 2. There are so many more terds floating in this bowl. I enjoy the hands off moderation but the inconsistant application of punishment is ridiculous.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
really kinda asked for it, with his "ban me" attitude and all...

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

How can I get in touch with him ?

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
I don't understand why j put the gauntlet down for Max 2. There are so many more terds floating in this bowl. I enjoy the hands off moderation but the inconsistant application of punishment is ridiculous.

He outright defied a mod's advice* and continued to post. Try this in a totalitarian regime and see how quickly you meet his fate.

*I say advice, but even when a mod hints at something, you do it. Shouldn't have to be asked.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
People deserve to be banned when they're involved in several threaks across several forums, all where they're derailing the thread with their non-nonsensicalness arguments. One thread, it's probably the other people. Two threads, maybe you're weird. Three threads, you be trollin'.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why did j draw a line here? I don't actually care about the reason. There are much worse people on here who go about their business without care. Why is javyn here? Tokyoslim did this all the time. Piob and Rambo drag **** thru the forum.

Whatever

Too busy worrying about the new system while the whole thing rots from the inside, smart move.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information. I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.
well he didnt get banned for having his own viewpoint. he got banned when the mods told him to shut up and stop trolling. he even dared them to ban him

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Why did j draw a line here? I don't actually care about the reason. There are much worse people on here who go about their business without care. Why is javyn here? Tokyoslim did this all the time. Piob and Rambo drag **** thru the forum.

Whatever

Too busy worrying about the new system while the whole thing rots from the inside, smart move.

It might be because I never asked for javyn or TS to be banned, do you want me to try?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why did j draw a line here? I don't actually care about the reason. There are much worse people on here who go about their business without care. Why is javyn here? Tokyoslim did this all the time. Piob and Rambo drag **** thru the forum. Whatever Too busy worrying about the new system while the whole thing rots from the inside, smart move.
Jeez dude. This guy had been on the radar for quite a while, complained about in multiple threads multiple times, and pushed it quite a bit recently against the mods. I was about to forumban him from CE when I saw his post in this thread and took it as basically asking to be taught that his actions have consequences, so I banned him.

There are other people on the radar as well, but the difference is that so far we don't consider them enough of a problem in the balance to do much about them. I am not perfect but I try to make a judgment call of whether someone is acting in good faith or not and how they respond to requests to cut out their crap for a while. The lack of good faith is the major thing in this case.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by foodguy
if rank asininity is going to be a ban-able offense on SF, we'd all better look out.

Originally Posted by dah328
Perhaps so, but there's a whole lot of people who will be up before either one of us and MM was clearly heading that list.

well, I'm partly relieved that it's not me heading that list, but on the other hand he's gone so now I get bumped up a spot.
uhoh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Whatever

Actually, a lot of worrying about the new system has been to think of cool ways to encourage member participation both online and offline. For example, if people want to have meetups, we have a community liaison who can help with logistics, help find sponsors who will provide food and drink, appoint "ambassadors", etc...

Re. this particular case. We enjoy the energy that generally pervades the place = it's part of Styleforum's identity. So, when a mod has to step in, it means that someone is really, really, ******** up the place. The right response is to stfu, or respectfully, and in private, plead your case.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Actually, a lot of worrying about the new system has been to think of cool ways to encourage member participation both online and offline. For example, if people want to have meetups, we have a community liaison who can help with logistics, help find sponsors who will provide food and drink, appoint "ambassadors", etc...

this one, I like.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Re. this particular case. We enjoy the energy that generally pervades the place = it's part of Styleforum's identity. So, when a mod has to step in, it means that someone is really, really, ******** up the place. The right response is to stfu, or respectfully, and in private, plead your case.

Let people know if the meeting moved, etc...
devil.gif
+
plain.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

My usual forum meetup liaison consists of calling Ron or Lou and asking if they want to grab dinner, but this is a badass feature.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads