• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from my interactions with him, i don't think he was trolling (i.e., machine-gunning obnoxious posts to get a reaction). i just think that's the way he is in real life. scary, maybe, but not trolling.

AlmostFullBenefits

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Are you saying he is Piob's secondary troll account?

No, he's secretly my main account, and I'm hoping that no one will take my confession seriously.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
can he still use the PM function ? I have a few questions on cheeses I didn't get to ask before retiring last night.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
He was polite in his pms to me. A time out and an embarrassing title would have been a good alternative to banning too.

he was polite in his PM's to me as well, but I did notice, before the meltdown, how he was adept at getting a rise out of someone by using veiled insults and insinuations in the same polite manner.

Originally Posted by foodguy
from my interactions with him, i don't think he was trolling (i.e., machine-gunning obnoxious posts to get a reaction). i just think that's the way he is in real life. scary, maybe, but not trolling.

yup pretty much that right? I just get freaked because NYC is a big place, but then again you never know when you're on the 6 train and strike up a conversation and boom 6 degrees of style forum separation.
uhoh.gif

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Are you saying he is Piob's secondary troll account?

I always thought you were my secondary troll account?
confused.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
Real talk: I am now curios why mm felt the way he did.

Wanting what I can't have I suppose.

Honestly, I kinda am too.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

yeah but to reach out to him, we have to talk to you and that's a non-starter.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The problem is not his opinions. The problem is he feels his opinions are divine facts even though they fly in the face of the reality the rest of the several billion of us occupy. All his problems flowed from that.

Tell him to go have is T level checked, go to a bar and screw some willing lady silly, and generally enjoy being 19.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
yeah but to reach out to him, we have to talk to you and that's a non-starter.

I was the first person from here to let you buy me drinks. I'm glad you're as slow as you are or I wouldn't have been able to outrun you to the 1 uptown.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The problem is not his opinions. The problem is he feels his opinions are divine facts even though they fly in the face of the reality the rest of the several billion of us occupy. All his problems flowed from that.

Tell him to go have is T level checked, go to a bar and screw some willing lady silly, and generally enjoy being 19.

Then why can't you just ignore him? I don't have time to read that entire thread as I'm studying for the cpa exam so I won't comment on that directly. BUT, this forum is full of crazy people....including me!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

R, I'm pretty lenient about people in general and if someone like you were to vouch for Max, then that's fine and I'm good with it.

That said - in that thread he pretty well ignored or dismissed every argument that was put to him, regardless of the fact basis behind it. If you're going to keep calling the grass orange and the sky pink just because that's your hypothesis, then by all means you should wear your asbestos underoos because you're going to get flamed by those who have experience and facts on their side. I hate to put it like that but that's the pattern.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

This reads like he wrote it.

Anyway, he is barking up the wrong tree. None of us, not even me, the chief h8er, wanted him banned. Though a timeout would have been fitting.

But spitting in j's eye like that was sepuku.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This reads like he wrote it.

Anyway, he is barking up the wrong tree. None of us, not even me, the chief h8er, wanted him banned. Though a timeout would have been fitting.

But spitting in j's eye like that was sepuku.

+1 to all of this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads