Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    from my interactions with him, i don't think he was trolling (i.e., machine-gunning obnoxious posts to get a reaction). i just think that's the way he is in real life. scary, maybe, but not trolling.

2. AlmostFullBenefits

AlmostFullBenefits Senior member

Are you saying he is Piob's secondary troll account?

No, he's secretly my main account, and I'm hoping that no one will take my confession seriously.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

can he still use the PM function ? I have a few questions on cheeses I didn't get to ask before retiring last night.

4. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

He was polite in his pms to me. A time out and an embarrassing title would have been a good alternative to banning too.

he was polite in his PM's to me as well, but I did notice, before the meltdown, how he was adept at getting a rise out of someone by using veiled insults and insinuations in the same polite manner.

from my interactions with him, i don't think he was trolling (i.e., machine-gunning obnoxious posts to get a reaction). i just think that's the way he is in real life. scary, maybe, but not trolling.

yup pretty much that right? I just get freaked because NYC is a big place, but then again you never know when you're on the 6 train and strike up a conversation and boom 6 degrees of style forum separation.[​IMG]

5. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Are you saying he is Piob's secondary troll account?

I always thought you were my secondary troll account? [​IMG]

6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Real talk: I am now curios why mm felt the way he did.

Wanting what I can't have I suppose.

Honestly, I kinda am too.

7. randallr

randallr Senior member

Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

8. cross22

cross22 Senior member

Honestly, I kinda am too.
    [​IMG]

9. edmorel

edmorel Quality Seller!! Dubiously Honored

Max aka mm84321 just called me and wanted to express that he was sorry everyone felt the way they did about his opinions. If anyone wants to reach out to him and communicate via e-mail let me know and I will give you his contact information.

I've talked to him a number of times and he seemed like a nice guy. Everyone that participates in CE thinks that they know all and their way of doing things or thinking about things is correct. Why is he a troll for doing the same? I admit, it was an odd viewpoint, but his own none the less. I enjoyed his food contributions as I know many of you did. He was real and not a troll, therefore he should be reactivated...although he probably won't come back.

yeah but to reach out to him, we have to talk to you and that's a non-starter.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

The problem is not his opinions. The problem is he feels his opinions are divine facts even though they fly in the face of the reality the rest of the several billion of us occupy. All his problems flowed from that.

Tell him to go have is T level checked, go to a bar and screw some willing lady silly, and generally enjoy being 19.

11. randallr

randallr Senior member

yeah but to reach out to him, we have to talk to you and that's a non-starter.

I was the first person from here to let you buy me drinks. I'm glad you're as slow as you are or I wouldn't have been able to outrun you to the 1 uptown.

12. randallr

randallr Senior member

The problem is not his opinions. The problem is he feels his opinions are divine facts even though they fly in the face of the reality the rest of the several billion of us occupy. All his problems flowed from that.

Tell him to go have is T level checked, go to a bar and screw some willing lady silly, and generally enjoy being 19.

Then why can't you just ignore him? I don't have time to read that entire thread as I'm studying for the cpa exam so I won't comment on that directly. BUT, this forum is full of crazy people....including me!

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

R, I'm pretty lenient about people in general and if someone like you were to vouch for Max, then that's fine and I'm good with it.

That said - in that thread he pretty well ignored or dismissed every argument that was put to him, regardless of the fact basis behind it. If you're going to keep calling the grass orange and the sky pink just because that's your hypothesis, then by all means you should wear your asbestos underoos because you're going to get flamed by those who have experience and facts on their side. I hate to put it like that but that's the pattern.

14. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

This reads like he wrote it.

Anyway, he is barking up the wrong tree. None of us, not even me, the chief h8er, wanted him banned. Though a timeout would have been fitting.

But spitting in j's eye like that was sepuku.

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Senior member Dubiously Honored

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    This reads like he wrote it.

Anyway, he is barking up the wrong tree. None of us, not even me, the chief h8er, wanted him banned. Though a timeout would have been fitting.

But spitting in j's eye like that was sepuku.

+1 to all of this.