Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Walk x miles in y's moccasins, and all that.

I just got some Y's boots too. Must say, Yohji makes nice footwear

2. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yeah, I see where you're coming from but I've started to tolerate a lot of shit from older guys, though that plays better in person than it does in a community like this. And really, I'm just talking out my ass because I don't know what thread you're referring too. Is it particularly heinous?

3. mm84321

mm84321 Senior member

I request for Fuuma to be timed out for being an ignorant, stinky, smelly asshole. I will provide evidence to support my case. And I will pay money and cook dinner for you.

4. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

Yeah, I see where you're coming from but I've started to tolerate a lot of shit from older guys, though that plays better in person than it does in a community like this. And really, I'm just talking out my ass because I don't know what thread you're referring too. Is it particularly heinous?

The boots ? No, just a bit chunkier that I had assumed

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Nothing particularly egregious, but every time he posts in a thread about women I end up getting pissed off and wonder why he is tolerated. Don't get me wrong, I know why HE is tolerated, he is a big part of the site's history and in general a very good addition. I just don't understand why that particular behavior of his is tolerated.
    The boots ? No, just a bit chunkier that I had assumed
    [​IMG]

6. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Nothing particularly egregious, but every time he posts in a thread about women I end up getting pissed off and wonder why he is tolerated. Don't get me wrong, I know why HE is tolerated, he is a big part of the site's history and in general a very good addition. I just don't understand why that particular behavior of his is tolerated.

[​IMG]

JLib is Styleforum's drunk uncle.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of his views on women either, but we tend to err on the side of tolerating bullshit. The only things that will get you an outright ban are if you show disrespect towards a moderator on a moderation call, or express racist views. Well, if you really piss j off, sometimes he will just annihilate you. But that's because he's alpha.

7. Unregistered

Unregistered Senior member

8. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

JLib is Styleforum's drunk uncle.

FWIW, I'm not a fan of his views on women either, but we tend to err on the side of tolerating bullshit. The only things that will get you an outright ban are if you show disrespect towards a moderator on a moderation call, or express racist views. Well, if you really piss j off, sometimes he will just annihilate you. But that's because he's alpha.

He is indeed alpha. Thanks for the explanation.

9. pvrhye

pvrhye Senior member

There has to be a way to stop idiots from necro'ing old B&S posts

A framework where sellers could close their threads would do it, I think. I'd imagine that's no simple change to the boards though.

10. 951socal

951socal Senior member

A framework where sellers could close their threads would do it, I think. I'd imagine that's no simple change to the boards though.

yeah, people still pm me about for sale threads i cannot edit anymore

and sale threads where i cannot reply to them with "everything sold"

since i can't bump my for sale thread, without lowering the price, but since everything is sold..i can't lower any prices?

i imagine there is just some setting that the admin can activate like, turn on editing for all posts ever created in the buying and selling forum

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Hopefully within the next 3 weeks, it will all be a new playground in B&S, guys.

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I was kind of thinking the same thing - sometimes it does play better in person, once you're around someone and can measure the person through continued interactions rather than just the sound bite about a particular topic.

13. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

I just got some Y's boots too. Must say, Yohji makes nice footwear

Yup, I've got 2 pairs. [​IMG]

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

luna3506 is a spammer

15. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

carolthotom is a [​IMG] mer and has got to go.