Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

I am known for being naive and I relish in it. I also relishing apparently being on your radar today. [​IMG]
    I am just wondering whether conservative economic arguments win because they're based on immoral arguments or because they're based on objective facts. Your phrasing was somewhat ambiguous.

2. foodguy

foodguy Senior member

At the corner of hipster and hip replacement
    Where things break down, usually, is that left leaning posters eventually seem to rely on some sort of moral argument for justifying their economics.

i know what you mean. i feel the same way with economic arguments that don't recognize that policies also have a moral element.

3. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find a really good online Canadian pharmacy? [​IMG]

4. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Does anyone know where I can find a really good online Canadian pharmacy? [​IMG]

Or Uggs, plz.

Oh, and fuck you guys for bringing CE into Transmod. It's like a drunken saloon brawl that makes its way into the street and back up into the church while service is going on - except it is unfunny.

5. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Or Uggs, plz.

Oh, and fuck you guys for bringing CE into Transmod. It's like a drunken saloon brawl that makes its way into the street and back up into the church while service is going on - except it is unfunny.

we solly

6. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

we solly

Sorry for what?

Shit, I already forgot what I was perturbed about.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

we solly

why you hate my fleedom you laceest?

8. eg1

eg1 Senior member

No comment on Nameback, but when I was first posting in CE, I said something about increasing income inequality being a negative factor in America. I got swarmed, dismissed as an idiot, asked for "evidence" to support a commonly accepted fact, etc, etc. I just posted a few articles and let the whole thing die, was obvious that a part of the crowd was not going to accept discussion on that and it's beyond my expertise to push it on a technical basis. A few people did have interesting points and wanted to talk about them, but it's hard to talk over the hostile fraction.

By contrast, in the recent thread on the debt, Manton said quite nearly the same thing. It was accepted without negative comment or even any argumentative dissent, although some people noted they were surprised to hear him say it.

That particular topic wasn't on the "allowed discussion list" until it was broached by a senior and respected member. There are others like it, I'm sure. Bring up one and you get mobbed, regardless of the quality of your argument. Said topics are almost always "liberal talking points", I have yet to see any conservative viewpoints that get instantly repressed in such a manner.

Absolutely dominated. Anyone who tries to argue anything there that's vaguely liberal gets gang-banged by the established same 5 guys who try to corner them on the basis of 7th grade logic and debate classes, with little respect for their opinion.

Not to mention the obvious demographic tilts of a forum dedicated to multi-thousand dollar clothing habits.

These posts square with my experience in CE, which is not to say that everybody there is guilty of it all the time, but there are enough of them that somebody is guilty of it all the time.

9. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Quick comment on the new forum organization and menu: there's an unnecessary category on top of buying and selling called "buying and selling". It just adds a layer (and aan extra tap via tapatalk) for no good reason

10. ChicagoRon

ChicagoRon Senior member

Greg - how are you liking the tap-talk. Worth it?

11. gdl203

I like it. I only use this to browse SF on my iPad now. Faster, well organized. And the ignored posters are actually completely ignored, not just collapsed. That's a nice perk.

12. aj_del

aj_del Senior member

I like it. I only use this to browse SF on my iPad now. Faster, well organized. And the ignored posters are actually completely ignored, not just collapsed. That's a nice perk.
    I find that pics load very slowly, while in the browser using the page a member made pics load much faster. Same device, same connection Posted via Tapatalk

13. gdl203

Can you just remove the "Posted via Tapatalk" signature aj_del? It's a little annoying

14. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

Can you just remove the "Posted via Tapatalk" signature aj_del? It's a little annoying

+1

Posted via Tapatalk

15. HgaleK

HgaleK Senior member

+1 Posted via Tapatalk
    Testing 1,2,3