Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

It would be a little silly to argue that the discussion in CE is not dominated by conservative voices.

Again, your stance is clouding your judgment here. Javyn? Kind of a dipshit, if not a troll per se. Nameback? Hardly a dipshit. Some of the more eloquent analysis I've seen in CE has come from him, even if I don't always agree with it. Teger? Haven't read enough of his posts to form a cogent opinion.

Also, how is conservatives' "running the place" any different from the forum's being predominantly conservative? I realize those are technically two different things, but the outcome is the same.

Because I say it is and that's good enough for everyone. [​IMG]

And my stance isn't really clouding my judgement. I'm pretty liberal myself. But anytime I read a Javyn or Teger post, it's pure facepalm, and everytime I read a Nameback post, it's like reading a Fuuma post--- tl;dr, with no real content.

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Maybe so, but maybe not. In fairness to our trigger-happy mod friend(s), I don't recall seeing embedded tits in a DT thread in quite some time. I'm not saying LA Guy didn't say it was ok; just playing devil's advocate for now. Believe me; I am sincerely hoping you do find evidence that it's kosher.

It's not okay. I said that I like tits, personally. That's really not the same thing.

3. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Jr. Mouse and I had this discussion this weekend. Right now CE is heavily conservative leaning. Most of the vocal and outspoken posters are conservative.

4. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Absolutely dominated. Anyone who tries to argue anything there that's vaguely liberal gets gang-banged by the established same 5 guys who try to corner them on the basis of 7th grade logic and debate classes, with little respect for their opinion.

Not to mention the obvious demographic tilts of a forum dedicated to multi-thousand dollar clothing habits.

Thank you. +10000

5. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

everytime I read a Nameback post, it's like reading a Fuuma post--- tl;dr, with no real content.

Nameback posts plenty of substance, but usually in a dense verbal thicket. I think he's a very rewarding read if you bring the appropriate attention span to him. Totally serious. Dude probably understands more about economic policy than anyone else I've read in CE. Again, I say this as someone who disagrees with a good 75% of his conclusions, so that's a high compliment.

6. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Nameback posts plenty of substance, but usually in a dense verbal thicket. I think he's a very rewarding read if you bring the appropriate attention span to him. Totally serious. Dude probably understands more about economic policy than anyone else I've read in CE. Again, I say this as someone who disagrees with a good 75% of his conclusions, so that's a high compliment.

Not a chance he understands issues Matt and Manton do not. Sorry.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Absolutely dominated. Anyone who tries to argue anything there that's vaguely liberal gets gang-banged by the established same 5 guys who try to corner them on the basis of 7th grade logic and debate classes, with little respect for their opinion.
    Agree 100% with this.

8. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

I feel like CE just got ported here. [​IMG]

9. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

matt seems to have a firmer grasp of economics than just about anyone I know. He blows away everyone on this forum.

The one time I really dug into NameBack on economic theory, all he did, it seemed to me, was restate basic Keynsianism in unecessarily wordy, jargonny and convoluted language. I am no expert on economics but I know Keynes when I see it.

10. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Perhaps we should move this discussion to the new CE threak. Mods rarely respond to stuff posted in here, and this is part of the reason why.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

you fools are going to get timed-out if you don't take this garbage back to CE.
    [​IMG]

12. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Are we talking about the same CE here?

I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there. There was a recent discussion, for heaven's sake, in which a consensus seemed to form that poor people in this country should be disenfranchised and/or that a higher income should earn you multiple votes. I mean, that's beyond conservative; that's pre-Revolutionary.

Maybe it just seems conservative b/c the conservatives for the most part run the place, since, at least in CE, they're the ones who actually think about things and post them and talk about them. The liberals in CE are for the most part dipshits, aka,.

Sorry K-Dub, but your wrong here. You're unduly influenced by your personal man crush on two of the conservative top dogs.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Sorry K-Dub, but your wrong here. You're unduly influenced by your personal man crush on two of the conservative top dogs.

My man crushes on Piob, Matt, and Manton have nothing to do with their politics. I still facepalm at a lot of stuff they say. I generally just try not to read CE, but when I do, I just don't see the bias that you guys do. It is certainly possible that you and other liberals see a bias b/c of your politics, though.

14. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

My man crushes on Piob, Matt, and Manton have nothing to do with their politics. I still facepalm at a lot of stuff they say. I generally just try not to read CE, but when I do, I just don't see the bias that you guys do. It is certainly possible that you and other liberals see a bias b/c of your politics, though.

I don't always read CE, but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Although I agree that thread was pretty disgusting and kinda pissed me off.

Which one was that.

This.

Don't know how you can miss Javyn's trolling. He isn't subtle and he points out repeatedly that he is trolling and un-subtle. Also, how the hell do you find Nameback a decent poster?