Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

2. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Are there any plans to do something about the javyn problem?

3. otc

otc Senior member

AFAIK, topless pics have never been allowed, even in DT. You can off-link to them, but you can't embed them, even with a spoiler tag.

It should be noted for those not as familiar with the technology:
    Spoiler tag still downloads the images.

If you wanted to avoid having topless pics cached on your computer (you computer has no idea whether or not you actually saw the image, it just knows that it downloaded it)...the spoiler tag would not be helpful.

4. gladhands

gladhands Senior member

5. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Are there any plans to do something about the javyn problem?

Honestly, I wil go to my grave arguing that I just don't see what everyone else sees in Javyn. The chief "problem" with Javyn is that 99% of CE is conservative, and he's liberal. Sure, he posts in a provocative and cheeky manner. But so do a lot of folks on CE. I fail to see how he's substantially different from half the posters on CE, in fact, aside from his politics. If he were "trolling" liberal posters in a similar style and manner, nobody would have a problem with him.

Every now and then, sure, you'll see his admitting to "trolling." But that's because everyone on CE jumped on him, and makes a habit of labeling him a troll, and eventually he just decided to wear it as a badge of (dis)honor.

6. Manton

Honestly, I wil go to my grave arguing that I just don't see what everyone else sees in Javyn. The chief "problem" with Javyn is that 99% of CE is conservative, and he's liberal. Sure, he posts in a provocative and cheeky manner. But so do a lot of folks on CE. I fail to see how he's substantially different from half the posters on CE, in fact, aside from his politics. If he were "trolling" liberal posters in a similar style and manner, nobody would have a problem with him.

Every now and then, sure, you'll see his admitting to "trolling." But that's because everyone on CE jumped on him, and makes a habit of labeling him a troll, and eventually he just decided to wear it as a badge of (dis)honor.

This is wrong pretty much from beginning to end.

Oh, but by the way, please inform javyn that he is liberal; it's something he consistently denies.

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

A) CE isn't really that conservative. If you'd been around more during the Bush administration, you'd have seen it was more liberal. People just want to bitch about things.
    B) Javyn never adds to any discussion. All he does is post logical fallacies and badger people for no reason.

8. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

A) CE isn't really that conservative.
    Are we talking about the same CE here? I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there. There was a recent discussion, for heaven's sake, in which a consensus seemed to form that poor people in this country should be disenfranchised and/or that a higher income should earn you multiple votes. I mean, that's beyond conservative; that's pre-Revolutionary.

9. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Are we talking about the same CE here?

I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there.

Maybe it just seems conservative b/c the conservatives for the most part run the place, since, at least in CE, they're the ones who actually think about things and post them and talk about them. The liberals in CE are for the most part dipshits, aka, Javyn, Teger, Nameback.

Although I agree that thread was pretty disgusting and kinda pissed me off.

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Are we talking about the same CE here?

I'm a registered Republican, and I feel like a card-carrying Greenpeace member in most threads there.

lolque?

11. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

It would be a little silly to argue that the discussion in CE is not dominated by conservative voices. AF alone is continually jindabombing it - remember, he started some 130 threads to bash OBangyama.

12. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Maybe it just seems conservative b/c the conservatives for the most part run the place, since, at least in CE, they're the ones who actually think about things and post them and talk about them. The liberals in CE are for the most part dipshits, aka, Javyn, Teger, Nameback.

Although I agree that thread was pretty disgusting and kinda pissed me off.

Again, your stance is clouding your judgment here. Javyn? Kind of a dipshit, if not a troll per se. Nameback? Hardly a dipshit. Some of the more eloquent analysis I've seen in CE has come from him, even if I don't always agree with it. Teger? Haven't read enough of his posts to form a cogent opinion.

Also, how is conservatives' "running the place" any different from the forum's being predominantly conservative? I realize those are technically two different things, but the outcome is the same.

13. Manton

It would be a little silly to argue that the discussion in CE is not dominated by conservative voices.

Dominated?

I think, right now, Kyle is right because we have a particularly low grade crop of liberals. But quality comes and goes. Also, some of the best such as rach are not conservative, if not exactly easily definable libs either. Conne posts a lot and mostly has worthwhile things to say and he is quite liberal.

14. Don Carlos

Don Carlos In Time Out

Dominated?

I think, right now, Kyle is right because we have a particularly low grade crop of liberals. But quality comes and goes. Also, some of the best such as rach are not conservative, if not exactly easily definable libs either. Conne posts a lot and mostly has worthwhile things to say and he is quite liberal.

I'd argue that the liberals get badgered and dogpiled into submission or flight. Those who stick around are either gluttons for punishment, provocateurs of some stripe, or haven't gotten burned out yet.

Conne may be liberal, but he's hardly a counterweight to the predominantly conservative consensus in CE.

15. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Absolutely dominated. Anyone who tries to argue anything there that's vaguely liberal gets gang-banged by the established same 5 guys who try to corner them on the basis of 7th grade logic and debate classes, with little respect for their opinion.

Not to mention the obvious demographic tilts of a forum dedicated to multi-thousand dollar clothing habits.