Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

If people weren't discussing it here, I wouldn't have noticed that stuff changed on the index page, that's how often I go there.

Do people actually read the site by sitting on that page and reloading it every 5 seconds?

2. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

If people weren't discussing it here, I wouldn't have noticed that stuff changed on the index page, that's how often I go there.

Do people actually read the site by sitting on that page and reloading it every 5 seconds?

I read the site by going to the front page, then clicking on individual subfora, then individual threads within the subfora.
    Following my posts is just confusing as hell to me, because there are too many of them.

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

I read the site by going to the front page, then clicking on individual subfora, then individual threads within the subfora.
    Following my posts is just confusing as hell to me, because there are too many of them.

Yep, this is what I do too.

4. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Really???
    My SF experience is:
    click bookmark.
    click "new posts"

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Really???
    My SF experience is:
    click bookmark.
    click "new posts"

That's because you're an old man and would be overwhelmed doing it my way.

I mean, really, for the people that only read "My Posts" or bookmark and then click, how do you read any new threads? You have to go to the index page at some point. Why not just browse from there in the first place? Anytime I sit down to SF, I have several minutes. I'm never logging on for 3 minutes in the taxi or anything. So I have time to read and see what is being talked about. So I start at the front page.

6. Matt

Matt [email protected]

i check my posts first, then go through the other boards. I very rarely go back to the landing screen, i'll normally forum hop from the forum jump thing at the bottom.

7. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I read the site by going to the front page, then clicking on individual subfora, then individual threads within the subfora. Following my posts is just confusing as hell to me, because there are too many of them.
    +1

8. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

That's because you're an old man and would be overwhelmed doing it my way.

I mean, really, for the people that only read "My Posts" or bookmark and then click, how do you read any new threads? You have to go to the index page at some point. Why not just browse from there in the first place? Anytime I sit down to SF, I have several minutes. I'm never logging on for 3 minutes in the taxi or anything. So I have time to read and see what is being talked about. So I start at the front page.

Not "My Posts;" -- "NEW Posts." That way you see all the new threads in order or most recent updated, and you don't see the ones that haven't been updated since your last time reading that thread. I used to read it your way but it got too cumbersome as the site grew.

9. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

I check subscribed threads first.
    Then when I get bored with those, I check 'new posts'.

10. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

The new posts page moves too fast for me. The last time the forum had this discussion I checked it out. It was like 50 posts a second.

11. Dakota rube

Um, new threads show up in the "new posts" sort.

You need to get laid; you are getting really fucking stupid, kwilk. Come to North Dakota; there are plenty of young women here who would love to wrap their legs around your Jewfro.

12. Dakota rube

The new posts page moves too fast for me. The last time the forum had this discussion I checked it out. It was like 50 posts a second.

And that's not the new posts you're talking about; you are thinking about the mainline deal: SF Live (vaispy or something).

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Um, new threads show up in the "new posts" sort.

You need to get laid; you are getting really fucking stupid, kwilk. Come to North Dakota; there are plenty of young women here who would love to wrap their legs around your Jewfro.

And that's not the new posts you're talking about; you are thinking about the mainline deal: SF Live (vaispy or something).

[​IMG]

14. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I don't bother with New Posts either because then I have to wade through all the SW&D and MC crap. Just click the forum I want, find the new threads, and click the little blue check. Its no less time consuming than wading through NP.

15. cross22

cross22 Senior member