1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

'fraid not. It does, but only the first time. After reading a couple of posts and closing the thread it counts the whole thread as 'read'.

By the way Ed, The whole anger thing is uncalled for. For that I give you 9 edinas, which means you are another month over quota.

2. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

It is... weird.
    I have to say one good thing about SF's outage yesterday: it had never loaded this fast for me ;)

Seriously, though, it looks pretty slick.

Questions
    Is it ok to port old FS items to the new system?
    Will you add more ways to sort/classify FS items?

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

THat's just it.... I've clicked that link. But like, it won't take me to the last post I read in the new site. And then when I close a tab before finishing reading all the new stuff, then I just get taken to the end. And most of the time it hasn't worked and then I just go to the end.

4. Kas

Kas Senior member

So I thought I had lost my password and clicked the "I forgot my password" thingy 3 times, haven't received an e-mail. Contacted you via the feedback thingy.

I remembered my password again - yay! :embar:

But I still think the "I forgot my password" thing is broken, so that.

5. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Am I blind or does the 'go to first unread post' button not exist any more in 'home' or 'subscription' view.
    That's the primary way I used to read the forum: go to mycp -> click on unread items there.

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Haven't tested the Home view, but it should be the same. In Subscriptions, just click on a thread title and it'll automatically take you to the first unread post

Been really liking the All New Posts page, not sure if there was similar on the old forum, but I certainly didn't use it. Makes browsing currently hot topics so much easier

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  7. 1969

1969 Senior member

Nice work, one complaint....at least a third of my screen real estate is unused (1/4 to far left and right). I assume this is for phone browsing but definitely a -1 for a monitor. :confused:

8. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Ah, thanks, that'll do it. Yes, it's the same in home

9. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

So far, so good except for one thing: a ton of the little frames are not making it past my office filters. I'm getting the "The website declined to show this webpage" message which usually means the iron curtain I had IT put in place is getting triggered. Anyone else having that problem?

10. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Right, but I dont want to see the threads that contain the search terms, I want to see the posts, by recency. It only shows the threads.

11. Kaplan

Kaplan Senior member

I know it's purely aesthetic, but the white around the non square avatars is a step back.

Are any of you getting e-mail notifications from your subscribed threads? How?

Is there any way of seeing if you're subscribed to a thread without going into the 'Subscriptions' folder? (Like the old √ sign next to the thread title.)

Could you please make the font 'non specified'? Or is there a way to change it here?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  12. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

I think subscribed threads have the blue conversation icon on the left, while not subscribed ones are grey.

13. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I reserve my official opinions until I use this more, however I was hoping that there would be more levels, or more stringent requirements for "Senior Member".

14. patrickBOOTH

Mine doesn't have white around it. I think it just makes them all the same shape.

15. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Oh snap - do I have editor powers for WAYWRN?? I see that I can change the title, delete posts, and lock posts?

CHEEAAAA :slayer: :worship: :worship: :slayer:

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

16. 951socal

951socal Senior member

what? you just upgraded to mod or what ?

17. patrickBOOTH

I also feel that, the "articles" and "instructionals" should have some threads added to them that have already existed for a long time to act as articles and instructionals. For example, a lot of Vox's old stuff could be articles and shoe care thread and so on could be in instructionals.

18. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Is anyone else getting typing lag? I am, not in all forums, but in some.

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

I'm not getting an email when I get a private message, although I do think I have it set up correctly in the preferences--any help?

20. SpooPoker

Just a suggestion for the B&S feedback system - maybe we should have the default rating be positive, not neutral. I can see someone not realizing they have to change it.

Also, there is a lot of work to leave feedback, especially if you have to go find the link to the thread and copy/paste it in yourself. Its actually about 4 steps longer to do than eBays feedback system. Maybe there is a way that you can click on a members name and see all the threads that you had transactions with? Probably not - but finding a link to a thread where you got something is a total PITA.