Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

can ye mods block vox from deleting his posts? just asking.

2. Austin45

Austin45 Member

1- How is the fact that a member with over 50 posts, with no signature and no advertisement thread what so ever just get bans indefinitely without as much as a warning of any kind or an opportunity to explain just because a mod thinks he should be ban? How is that transparent? Or maybe at SF the mods here have a different definition for the word transparent.

If the preponderance of a member's post history seems to be non-insightful or very generic, and the member has URLs in his signature, it is likely he will be banned for spamming. I'm not sure who you are referring to, because you didn't say, but that is probably what happened.

I clearly stated that the member had no signature what so ever talk-less of a URL in it.

So what is the next excuse as to why he got ban without even a prior warning but with over 50 posts?

I don't want to reveal the name of the member now because my aim is to prove that he was ban unjustifiably and hence the moderation here is far from being transparent as stated in this thread.

So when you must have explained all that warrants a members immediate banning without warning, I will then give you the name of the member so that you can see and everybody else too can see that he was ban unjustly.

So now that you know that he did not carry a signature, and did not have any URL and never posted any in any of his responses as a matter of fact, what is the other cause of his probable immediate banning without warning?

3. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

So now that you know that he did not carry a signature, and did not have any URL and never posted any in any of his responses as a matter of fact, what is the other cause of his probable immediate banning without warning?

[​IMG]

4. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

can ye mods block vox from deleting his posts? just asking.
    What the fuck is up with him and the deleting of every post? It was funny, for about an hour.

5. Austin45

Austin45 Member

[​IMG]

Very funny spoo, but this is not a laughing matter trust me I am more than furious with the mods for the indiscriminate baning without warning of members which I think had never spam this forum and had no intension to while you have many spammers roaming around juts because they have a.............................

Well let me not say it, but you get my point anyway.

6. Alter

Alter Senior member

I clearly stated that the member had no signature what so ever talk-less of a URL in it.

So what is the next excuse as to why he got ban without even a prior warning but with over 50 posts?

I don't want to reveal the name of the member now because my aim is to prove that he was ban unjustifiably and hence the moderation here is far from being transparent as stated in this thread.

So when you must have explained all that warrants a members immediate banning without warning, I will then give you the name of the member so that you can see and everybody else too can see that he was ban unjustly.

Justly or not, the owners and mods don't have to explain anything. They usually do as a courtesy but they can eject anyone they want.

7. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

What the fuck is up with him and the deleting of every post? It was funny, for about an hour.

It's just Vox being the Ninja.....

8. Austin45

Austin45 Member

Justly or not, the owners and mods don't have to explain anything. They usually do as a courtesy but they can eject anyone they want.

Of course I know that they can. I didn't say they can't, and if you had read my original or first complain, then you would've probably known that.

Now my problem here is not whether they can or can't eject whoever they want to. My problem here is why they do it.

If they don't need people in the forum any more then they should say so. Or better still just stop the registration option altogether. So that I don't get to register and spend my well valued time contributing to the forum for a good amount of days, weeks, months just to wake up one day and try to sign in and I am told that I have be banned indefinitely. I don't think that is funny, and if you think it is or that the fact they can do it gives them the right to do it then you are certainly mistaken. And you are only saying it either to please them so as to continue posting here as a courtesy of their appreciation of your support or because you have not been ban yet.

If you get ban one day, then I am sure you will understand what I am talking about. Until then well, I don't want to engage in a debate with you if you don't mind.

9. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Of course I know that they can. I didn't say they can't, and if you had read my original or first complain, then you would've probably known that.

Now my problem here is not whether they can or can't eject whoever they want to. My problem here is why they do it.

If they don't need people in the forum any more then they should say so. Or better still just stop the registration option altogether. So that I don't get to register and spend my well valued time contributing to the forum for a good amount of days, weeks, months just to wake up one day and try to sign in and I am told that I have be banned indefinitely. I don't think that is funny, and if you think it is or that the fact they can do it gives them the right to do it then you are certainly mistaken. And you are only saying it either to please them so as to continue posting here as a courtesy of their appreciation of your support or because you have not been ban yet.

If you get ban one day, then I am sure you will understand what I am talking about. Until then well, I don't want to engage in a debate with you if you don't mind.

Here's a tip if you want to avoid the banhammer:
    Don't be a dick.

You don't seem to fully understand that. Or how your posts might be interpreted.

10. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

It's something he does with... everything, it seems. [​IMG]

11. Alter

Alter Senior member

I don't want to engage in a debate with you if you don't mind.

Couldn't agree more.

12. Austin45

Austin45 Member

Here's a tip if you want to avoid the banhammer:
    Don't be a dick.

You don't seem to fully understand that. Or how your posts might be interpreted.

Thanks for the advice, but to be honest with you, I tried not being a dick, not that I am saying that I am being a dick now, but I still got banned anyways. That is what I can't comprehend.

13. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

14. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Thanks for the advice, but to be honest with you, I tried not being a dick, not that I am saying that I am being a dick now, but I still got banned anyways.

I thought this little passive-aggressive multi-thread mini-rant was about a "friend".
    You were banned? And now you're bitching about it?

15. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

oh hey, just saw this... My, you have many questions... you know there's an "ask a question get an answer thread", right?

Don't you have anything better to do than to request that other members be removed? How is a member a problem to you in particularly so much so that you have to request that he be removed?
    nope, not really. It's just one of the many things I do around here for fun. I assume I've hit a nerve (were you one of the banned people?).
    also, to clarify... I didn't ask for anyone to be banned per se... I just pointed out that a certain poster or two either looked suspicious. If I wanted them banned i would have just hit the report button but instead i took the time to actually pose a question as to if the mods thought the poster might be a potential spammer, scammer, or plain annoyance that made the overall experience of being here worse for everyone.
    What is your gain when a member is removed?
    a better browsing experience for all?
    And what gives you the right to make that request?
    I may have no forum powers but actually as someone who's been around for a few years and invested a shitload of time and energy into this place, some of it for personal gain (knowledge, sales, etc), and a tad for enjoyment (snark), but most of it to actually to try to make this a better place. I generally provide information, links, insight, etc... In short, I contribute positively and I have a sense of ownership for this community. what that means is I look out for members I think detract from everyone's experience. What gives me the right is my membership, what earns me the right is that I've got a basic sense for what these sort of boards are all about and I want to see them get better, not worse.
    If you feel a member has an offensive or spammy post, isn't there an option that reports that post to the mods? Why don't you just use it like anyone else?
    I could have just hit the report button but that probably would have automatically resulted in a banning. Instead I came here where there's discussion to ask if anyone else agreed with me. I expected the response might have been "let the mods do their job, they're not that annoying, etc".

hope that clears things up.