1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

I received... the exact same message, word for word. Now it seems less speshull. [​IMG]

you are special

2. Silver Light

Silver Light New Member

Did your thread get deleted ? I posted a video about not snitching in there, I'd have liked feedback on it...

Post it here or start a thread about it and I will happily respond.

3. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Hahahahaha little mod humor. usually when a mod deletes a post, it shows the person's name and says a line about why it was deleted "blahblah has been spaminated" "blah blah has been banned" etc. I just read this "The administrator has decided that Silver Light should be quiet for a while."

4. Silver Light

Silver Light New Member

It's all good - I will just talk to myself.

5. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

That is fucking funny.

If you're gonna come back, at least use a proxy, dipshit.

6. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

Uncaring has got to stop necrobumping with useless comments...

He doesn't seem to care....
    Obviously it's more than coincidence that so many ernest threads have been bumped. Also not a coincidence that I suddenly have a dust in my Rolex. [​IMG]

7. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

He doesn't seem to care....
    Obviously it's more than coincidence that so many ernest threads have been bumped.

+1 I thought exactly the same. Although I dont remember ernest.

8. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

9. srivats

srivats Senior member

Uncaring has got to stop necrobumping with useless comments...

+ 100

I don't complain here , but it is really annoying to see this user necrobum reallllllllly old threads with the most inane replies/questions. I think this is a sock account and the original user needs to be atleast timed out.

10. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior member

I don't know why he keeps coming back to a clothing forum when his primary purpose seems to be to discuss politics (and since his Soulshine incarnation, he's been getting banned long before CE eligibility.)

eh same could be said for half you mofos using transparent moderation log as a chat room

it used to be about the CLOTHES MAN

11. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG] to whoever spaminated Uncaring. That was like nailing an Al Qaeda top lieutenant.

12. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

[​IMG] to whoever spaminated Uncaring. That was like nailing an Al Qaeda top lieutenant.
    I think this warrants a B&S sale title change...

13. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

+ 100

I don't complain here , but it is really annoying to see this user necrobum reallllllllly old threads with the most inane replies/questions. I think this is a sock account and the original user needs to be atleast timed out.

Yeah, the "where can I score some Allen-Edmonds at a discount" comment was sort of fishy.

14. emptym

emptym Senior member Moderator

He was definitely a sock created for trolling. The fourth known username by this person. His first username had a mix of helpful posts and, ah, not so helpful posts. But after posts of the later type had been reported by various members, he was asked to be nice. His response was that we could ban that username and his IP add, since he had other ones to post from. Higher powers than I called for his spamination at that point.

It's too bad he responded that way to the original warning, since he did have some very helpful posts. And it's too bad he's responding with this trolling. It must have taken him a fair amt of time to find new computers w/ new IP adds, generate new email adds and new usernames, and make multiple posts. The only thing one could get out of that is the pleasure from causing other's pain. It succeeded in causing some irritation to various SF members. But any irritation to the mods -- whom he ostensibly would primarily want to irritate -- is minor: It only takes takes five seconds to hit the spam button. And we feel nothing for trolls but pity.

15. SpooPoker

He was definitely a sock created for trolling. The fourth known username by this person. His first username had a mix of helpful posts and, ah, not so helpful posts. But after posts of the later type had been reported by various members, he was asked to be nice. His response was that we could ban that username and his IP add, since he had other ones to post from. Higher powers than I called for his spamination at that point.

It's too bad he responded that way to the original warning, since he did have some very helpful posts. And it's too bad he's responding with this trolling. It must have taken him a fair amt of time to find new computers w/ new IP adds, generate new email adds and new usernames, and make multiple posts. The only thing one could get out of that is the pleasure from causing other's pain. It succeeded in causing some irritation to various SF members. But any irritation to the mods -- whom he ostensibly would primarily want to irritate -- is minor: It only takes takes five seconds to hit the spam button. And we feel nothing for trolls but pity.

Can you out his alter ego?

16. jrd617

jrd617 Senior member

Can you out his alter ego?

Spalla?!?!

17. SpooPoker

Spalla?!?!

Oh, definitely not Spalla.

18. Don Carlos

Don Carlos Senior member

SpooPoker, you are under arrest by the Washington, D.C. Pre-Crime unit for the creation of a fifth sockpuppet for the purposes of trolling, to occur tomorrow afternoon at 4:57pm Eastern time. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.

19. allaboutshoes

allaboutshoes Senior member

20. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator