Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

hmmm. I'm not suggesting that you abuse your moderator powers or anything, but I do recall that some users tend to get timed out when they get tiresome or tendentious in their behaviour towards the modstapo. If, for instance, you chose to Time Out edina for some modest interval (say, a year or three), I certainly wouldn't raise a ruckus. <eleventy> And that's all I have to say about this.
    Timeouts are above my pay grade, and would be overkill in this situation anyway. I think it's just a few people fucking with me. I don't want them timed out, I just want them to stop making a big deal out of a little issue.

2. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Timeouts are above my pay grade, and would be overkill in this situation anyway. I think it's just a few people fucking with me. I don't want them timed out, I just want them to stop making a big deal out of a little issue.

OH - so it seems that now I can fuck with you as well, since timeouts are off the table. HMMMMM!!

(kidding)

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

So what you're sayin' is...

[​IMG]

Sorry Kwilkie...I couldn't resist.

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

^that's pretty damn funny!

hey, while I'm posting, can you guys do something about the rain in Houston: it's scheduled to rain this weekend and I really don't want it to. [​IMG] Can y'all time out the rain clouds or something?

Thanks.

5. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Thomas definitely has the best avatar right now. I love that cute little possum!

6. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thomas definitely has the best avatar right now. I love that cute little possum!

aw thanks man! I'm actually quite fond of your avatar as well.

7. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

hmmm. I'm not suggesting that you abuse your moderator powers or anything, but I do recall that some users tend to get timed out when they get tiresome or tendentious in their behaviour towards the modstapo. If, for instance, you chose to Time Out edina for some modest interval (say, a year or three), I certainly wouldn't raise a ruckus. <eleventy>

And that's all I have to say about this.

Wait a minute. Wait just a darned minute. Where did you say you were from again???

[​IMG]

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Wait a minute. Wait just a darned minute. Where did you say you were from again???

[​IMG]

Um, Texas. Why do you ask, pardner?

9. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Um, Texas. Why do you ask, pardner?

See bolded word in your quote two posts up.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

See bolded word in your quote two posts up.

I reckon I've been reading too many of Neo's posts. That young filly tends to talk all fancy-like with them hidden vowely-letters in his words.

11. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

I suspected as much. I didn't think booklearnin' in Tejas included all them extra letters.

12. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

Thomas talkin' like a t-sip.

13. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thomas talkin' like a t-sip.
    Lol, thanks but this is more Aggie-talk than t-sipper speak. My Longhorn cousins all speak in articulate, complete sentences. True story: for a couple of years I lived in Dumas, TX. Everybody there said 'dill' for everything. It was a universal word: noun, verb, adjective, etc. Two years later, right before I left, I realized they were saying 'deal'. This wouldn't ordinarily come up, except for around that same time a friend turned on me and broke my nose as a going-away gift. Some 11 years later I'm in a lab at A&M, and there he is. We introduced ourselves, and I SRSLY considered repaying him with interest for his impertinence, but I took another look and decided life had treated me better already, no point in pushing things.

14. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

I wish you guys would shut the fuck up about this.
    Yes, I'm helping out with spam. Yes my name is on the moderator list. No, it doesn't really change anything. Can we end the discussion?

I was just messing you. [​IMG]

However, if you continue being so rude and curt in our IMs, my collegiality may stop.

15. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

this new strain of spam is pretty agressive