Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Bartolo

Bartolo Senior member

People keep saying this as if it were a self-evident truth. It's not. There are plenty of very active, strictly-moderated forums.

AAAC. Moderated to death.

2. james_timothy

james_timothy Senior member

MS, i don't really care whether he does or not.
    MetroStyles has nothing to say, says it loudly and often, and is now in the business of driving away posters with interesting things to say (and who not coincidently are good writers). So, I do care whether he comes back. I hope he doesn't. A good dumb thread, I agree, would be to put Petrus1 and MetroStyles into a thread, only one thread, and let them talk. We could visit once in a while, then wander back to places where good things are happening.

3. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

[​IMG] ..

4. dah328

dah328 Senior member

As for the tight moderation argument ... i've been on forums with tight, intrusive moderation and they end up imploding. with strong moderation, there'd be nothing for us to talk about but lapels and pleats.
    AAAC. Moderated to death.
    I know it may be difficult for some of you to grasp this, but the existence of some bad forums with strict moderation does not mean that good forums cannot be strictly moderated. Obviously, that is not going to happen here, though.
    I come here for fun and information. The day it stops being fun and informative I'll find a new way to waste time every day.
    This, on the other hand, is quite likely to happen. Anyone who was around AAAC in the 03-05 timeframe knows that it is now a parody of what it was then and the sole reason for that was that the moderators permitted useless posters to run rampant until all the worthwhile contributors got fed up and left.

5. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

And now for something completely different.

I have a silly, parody thread in mind and am seriously considering posting it outside of DT. I may not post it if I can't make it 'click', but DT's just isn't really doing it for me at the moment.

Opinions?

6. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

And now for something completely different. I have a silly, parody thread in mind and am seriously considering posting it outside of DT. I may not post it if I can't make it 'click', but DT's just isn't really doing it for me at the moment. Opinions?
    All my parody threaks die in under 10 posts. I think I've given up on them.

7. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

There are days when I think my entire life is a parody threak.

8. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

And now for something completely different.

I have a silly, parody thread in mind and am seriously considering posting it outside of DT. I may not post it if I can't make it 'click', but DT's just isn't really doing it for me at the moment.

Opinions?

I vote yea

Let's bring the good snark back into the mainstream fold and let the substandard stuff rot there.

9. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Actually, I'm getting a few ideas here. I hope I get a bit of free time soon.

There are days when I think my entire life is a parody threak.

As long as you chuckle now and then, it's all good.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I vote yea

Let's bring the good snark back into the mainstream fold and let the substandard stuff rot there.

Part of me agrees, and another part of me wants to remind everyone how it's done.

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

hey mods, thanks for banning vitaminc

12. haganah

haganah Senior member

There is a reason why I try not to reveal too much about myself personally on here or show up to meet folks. You all are some psycho sick fucks who don't know where lines should be drawn and what is clearly inappropriate in the real world or online. You can be a dick, you can be stupid, but jesus fricking christ you know when you're doing/saying something really bad.

13. countdemoney

countdemoney Senior member

Part of me agrees, and another part of me wants to remind everyone how it's done.
    I'm in favor of it. As I remember it, DT was supposed to be the burial ground for the crap threads and you and a few others took the crap, turned it to gold and your own playground. I think some of that idea of it being so bad it's funny was lost and it became a race to see who could make the really terrible. It's like the original conception of Springtime for Hitler in the Producers. The whole forum has always had some playfulness in it, so I endorse your idea.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

what has become of Grimslade's bastard son?