Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

As for the tight moderation argument ... i've been on forums with tight, intrusive moderation and they end up imploding. with strong moderation, there'd be nothing for us to talk about but lapels and pleats.
    +1. And God only knows who'd want to talk about that shit.

2. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Manton,

you obviously have a combative personality and enjoy arguing with people, but you don't fully understand the internet fighting business.

Thank you for enlightening us, Master.

3. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

Thank you for enlightening us, Master.

You're welcome. Anything for you, daddy.

4. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

While others have argued why it makes sense for you to stay, I'll appeal to your humanity and ask you to reflect on what the rest of us will have to put up with if when MS returns he's able to gloat about having chased you away.
    I fully expect that to happen. You can rename the place MetroStylesForum. It will be epic. Like a 24/7 locker room conversation, only way more vulgar, mean, and with absolutely nothing off limits.

Oh, and also everyone is 10-20 years older. And all the discusions are public.

Heaven!

5. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

Manton,

I don't know if I'm already in the asshole category in your book, but I don't get your anger at the forum. It's clear to me you get a lot of respect here from most of the members.

Even if MS's behaviour was as bad as you make it seem, that is no reason for your 'me against the world' attitude.

6. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

i just skimmed all this but I'm going to say you people need to spend less time thinking about the internet.

7. Manton

I don't know if I'm already in the asshole category in your book

I don't think so. But my memory isn't what it was.

If I ever said that, sorry. I am OK at not holding grudges. I have had some epic fights with people I later made up with and came to like, thinking of Vintage Gent and Conne off the top of my head. I can tell the difference between a heated argument and long-term, premeditated viciousness.

And I don't hate the forum. I love the forum, or used to. But the gulf between me and it had just gotten too wide.

8. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

I left AAAC when all the idiots took over and ran all the good posters away. I suspect that day is coming here as well.

[​IMG]

9. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

I left AAAC when all the idiots took over and ran all the good posters away. I suspect that day is coming here as well.

[​IMG]

This is how the terrorists win.

10. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Lifestyle change - no homo

Yes. Yes, it is.

I come here for fun and information. The day it stops being fun and informative I'll find a new way to waste time every day.

11. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

+1

12. CDFS

CDFS Senior member

I don't think so. But my memory isn't what it was. If I ever said that, sorry. I am OK at not holding grudges. I have had some epic fights with people I later made up and came to like, thinking of Vintage Gent and Conne off the top of my head. I can tell the difference between a heated argument and long-term, premeditated viciousness.
    Apparently I was unclear. You haven't said so. I just assumed that one of your posts in this thread a couple down from mine was also directed at me. Just goes to show one can have an elevated sense of importance (and this is not directed at anyone but myself).
    And I don't hate the forum. I love the forum, or used to. But the gulf between me and it had just gotten too wide.
    [​IMG] Perhaps the bolded will express your feelings in a couple of days. Remember it only took you 20 minutes before you didn't want to hurt MS anymore.

13. Manton

it only took you 20 minutes before you didn't want to hurt MS anymore.
    That's not exactly what I said.

14. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Wouldn't you rather spend your time here in Social Life, Food and Travel than in Transmod rehashing this stuff for 11 more pages? Think of all the good wine talk you are missing out on.

15. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Manton, I really think, come the New Year, everything will be OK w/r/t you and SF. Like anything else it has its moments, this was a bad one. It isn't like this normally.

Shit I can't believe I'm trying to convince a grown-ass man I've never met to keep poasting on an internet men's clothing forum. Good lord, maybe I too need to quit.