• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
any adult who allows themself to be trolled to the point of IRL anger should take a break from the internet.

This is probably true.

Could you also say that any 20-something who trolls a father with lascivious jokes about his daughter ought also have the presense of mind to realize he too needs a break from the Internet?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
For ****'s sake, I miss one day of TM and all hell breaks loose.

At the very least, perhaps my presence here post-MS-ban (and Tomgirl's!) puts to rest the rather annoying MetroStyles sockpuppet rumors. I am a real person, as I welcome the mods to verify by way of IP check. Manton himself can also verify as much, having done business with me fairly recently.

At any rate, I love Manton and also enjoy MS, and today has saddened me.

I never thought you were a Metro sock, FWIW.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This is probably true. Could you also say that any 20-something who trolls a father with lascivious jokes about his daughter ought also have the presense of mind to realize he too neads a break from the Internet?
yes edit: I'm from the '4chan' generation, so I guess trolls and low-blows don't really surprise me all that much, but I guess if you're not used to anonymity breeding dickbags I suppose you would receive it differently.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is probably true.

Could you also say that any 20-something who trolls a father with lascivious jokes about his daughter ought also have the presense of mind to realize he too neads a break from the Internet?

yes sir

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Arrogant Bastard
For ****'s sake, I miss one day of TM and all hell breaks loose.

At the very least, perhaps my presence here post-MS-ban (and Tomgirl's!) puts to rest the rather annoying MetroStyles sockpuppet rumors. I am a real person, as I welcome the mods to verify by way of IP check. Manton himself can also verify as much, having done business with me fairly recently.

At any rate, I love Manton and also enjoy MS, and today has saddened me.

+1, and also relieved to be proven not to be one of his socks.
rolleyes.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
rolleyes.gif

Doesn't really prove anything, unless he was IP banned, which I doubt he was.

In any case, I never thought you were his sock either. I think I even believe you are a girl.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I think I even believe you are a girl.

Timing counts for a lot when delivering that line.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I never thought you were a Metro sock, FWIW.

I appreciate it. For what it's worth, whatever you decide to do on this board or the next, I'm glad to have made your acquaintance. Thank you for the spoils of Napoli, btw!

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone with some pull should start a thread called "Feuds, Spats, Grudges, etc." in DT. I am fascinated and surprised by who dislikes who(m) or what(m).

I would like transparent moderation to focus on the moderators decisions, the banning, and the embedded vBulletin codes that allow Julian Assange and the CIA to monitor and leak discussions in the IC.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lighthouse
Someone with some pull should start a thread called "Feuds, Spats, Grudges, etc." in DT. I am fascinated and surprised by who dislikes who(m) or what(m).

I would like transparent moderation to focus on the moderators decisions, the banning, and the embedded vBulletin codes that allow Julian Assange and the CIA to monitor and leak discussions in the IC.

There was a thread like that. Do a search.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Doesn't really prove anything, unless he was IP banned, which I doubt he was.

In any case, I never thought you were his sock either. I think I even believe you are a girl.

This is surprisingly one of the nicest things I've had said to me on here since I started posting. Though I realize you have no proof, I appreciate it.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
rolleyes.gif

and another successful thread derailment. you must have about 1,042 notches on your styleforum account. edit: 1043

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Please don't scare off the female. This is why we can't have nice things!

frown.gif

/whiteknight

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads