Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Senior member

TM thread moved to DT?

2. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

TM thread moved to DT?

That would just be [​IMG]

3. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

Manton - Metro's got one of those senses of humor, sort of like Kauffman, that nobody but a select few understand. .
    No, no, no. His sense of "humor" is very easy to understand. It's just not funny. Oh, and Manton, don't leave. That's like letting the terrorists win.

4. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Manton - Metro's got one of those senses of humor, sort of like Kauffman, that nobody but a select few understand.
    Referring to me, even though I hadn't called him out or anything.
    Well I'm going to go ahead and call you a pompous asshole and not hang my ahead about it. Cue: how dare you, I would expect such from you, etc.
    I failed to see the humor. ~ H

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

I think I have succeeded here. I've turned Manton into an internet tough guy offering to "meet up" and "beat the shit out of me". [​IMG]
    Honestly, this post is very sad. It is like the kid who thinks he did a great thing after shitting in the sandbox and making everybody else leave. It is like he is the king of the mountain, except he is really just the guy playing with his own shit.

6. tomgirl

tomgirl Senior member

Good grief. This is like an immature pissing match between a bunch of men who might as well be wrestling over whether or not someone looked at their girlfriend. I really think most of you are too intelligent for this, but maybe I'm wrong?

7. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

Good grief. This is like an immature pissing match between a bunch of men who might as well be wrestling over whether or not someone looked at their girlfriend. I really think most of you are too intelligent for this, but maybe I'm wrong?

I'd fight like this over you baby.

8. Night Owl

Night Owl Senior member

not liking metro is very understanable but taking your ball and going home with a big bye forum, i mean really

Mr. Mooton?

9. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

You are wrong, Manton is smarter than MS.

10. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

No, it's just that Manton has a temper, and MS doesn't know when to stop his antics.
    This is all strangely reminiscent of Bris vs Butter even including the itg invite to meet up on the island of Manhattan.
    And we all know how that turned out.

Of course, Manton has a lot more goodwill built up than Bris, but still.
    And to think how easy it could all be:

"Ignore List"

11. phreak

phreak Senior member

What happened to RJ and what MS said about Manton are very different right?

Please correct me if i'm remembering it wrong though

12. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Dammit Metro, what were you hoping to do here? You knew you found a soft spot and picked at it, until the inevitable happened. Couldn't you have picked on someone else, or found something else to hammer at instead?

Manton, why didn't you put Metro on ignore? Surely you saw the pattern, or even just put a sort of troll-filter on it.

13. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

I don't really understand why people find Metro so offensive. His brand of ironic, trashy, 'Bro' humour and mild misogyny is far from edgy. It seems pretty mainstream to me. I would imagine, from the subtext of his posts, that he is not like that in real life.

Sure it can get pretty tiresome, as can his seeming need for attention, but he is far from the only one guilty of attention whore behaviour on here. His current brand of humour is becoming too prevalent in DT, at the expense of potentially funnier stuff, and I can see it is irritating outside of DT, but I don't get the hate.

Edit: Also Manton, you have to be 40 something, and successful. Jokes about peoples kids are clearly douchey, but can't you just man up and rise above it?

I endorse this post.

14. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

What the hell, people? [​IMG] The only thing I like less than B&S crap blowing up my inbox is this kind of crap blowing up my inbox. Fok timed MS out for a month - he is the one with kids so I will trust his judgment there. Can people please settle down and stop the 'x should be banned' crap in here? You can see here why we have the rule. It's like grown men standing in front of the kindergarten teacher telling on each other - unseemly and counterproductive. And annoying as hell for the kindergarten teacher(s).

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Edit: Also Manton, you have to be 40 something, and successful. Jokes about peoples kids are clearly douchey, but can't you just man up and rise above it?

And to think how easy it could all be:

"Ignore List"

Manton, why didn't you put Metro on ignore? Surely you saw the pattern, or even just put a sort of troll-filter on it.

I endorse this post.

Really, so you all really think that the solution is for him to go on making cracks about raping my 5-y-o daughter and for me to put him on ignore?

Like I said, if that is what the Internet is, or has become, it is definitely wrong for me.

Thomas, I am being totally serious here, your post makes me sad.