Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. NORE

NORE Senior member

There should be a setting for this.

yah go to User CP. its under "Edit Options" and will be the last option in the second box titled 'private messaging'

Much appreciated.

2. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

The guy is not funny. He can be a dick or be stupid and if he's funny, that would be redeeming. He's just not funny. And sometimes I wonder if he is the same person as his 3 or 4 supporters on here - early 20s unfunny jackasses...like really, really, unfunny. You make suicide seem appealing when you write kinda unfunny.
    2. Keep DT in ST and out of MC, or I'll have to give you a lonnnnnggggggg timeout. And posting this shit using a sock puppet is going to get you a longer one.
    Besides the seepage of dumb outside Dumb Threads, which is a problem, DT is just not funny. The best stuff was organic, threads that started out somewhere else and got moved. Now it's too self conscious and try hard, all hai gais lookimee i make teh dum funneez durhur. . How many people still post to DT, a dozen? Close the damn thing, please.

3. oneeightyseven

oneeightyseven Almost Special

Besides the seepage of dumb outside Dumb Threads, which is a problem, DT is just not funny.

The best stuff was organic, threads that started out somewhere else and got moved. Now it's too self conscious and try hard, all hai gais lookimee i make teh dum funneez durhur. .

How many people still post to DT, a dozen? Close the damn thing, please.

no thanks. no one is forcing you to go there.

4. merkur

merkur Senior member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011

5. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

My socks are all banned, to answer your question.

That's not my point. Posting in multiple accounts is a bannable offense. Done with topic...not clogging up Transmod any more than necessary.

Besides the seepage of dumb outside Dumb Threads, which is a problem, DT is just not funny.

The best stuff was organic, threads that started out somewhere else and got moved. Now it's too self conscious and try hard, all hai gais lookimee i make teh dum funneez durhur. .

You're perfectly welcome not to go there. There are plenty of times when there have only been a few new postings in Entertainment and Culture, GC, etc, but many new ones in DT.

6. Jekyll

Jekyll Senior member

Posting in multiple accounts is a bannable offense.

Wait, really? I thought sock-puppetry was a time-honored tradition among the Inner Serkle.

7. Bartolo

Bartolo Senior member

I subscribe to the "no one is forcing you to read it" philosophy.

That said, I think that the "seepage" into MC is causing a good bit of the ill will, and that seepage doesn't occur by accident.

8. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Man, people have complained about DT's ever since day 1. It started in idiocy, if you recall Mrpologuy and his 'things XXX like' threads. I can see how the seepage could be irritating, but how much worse is it than purposefully-ignorant noobs in MC who refuse to lurk for a while? Or bowtielover, now that I think of it. (no hate)

Wait, really? I thought sock-puppetry was a time-honored tradition among the Inner Serkle.

Not to my knowledge, although the last time I read anything about socks, it was an admonition that you'd better be funny if you're going to go to the trouble. Sometimes a joke works better if you tell it in a different 'voice'.

re: Metrostyles, I see him as a performance artist, not unlike Andy Kaufman. I consider him to be intelligent and thoughtful once the facade comes off, but it sounds like I've had a considerably different experience from Manton's - and could easily understand the vitriol had our roles been reversed.

Then again, I even get along and occasionally agree with Artisan Fan these days, which I wouldn't have seen happening this time last year.

9. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Thankfully, Thomas, we still do not get along.

10. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

MS is not in any way like Andy Kaufman.

11. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

Another reason I will never attain the coveted IC membership: I am neither smart nor nimble enough to have a sock puppet.

12. HomerJ

HomerJ Senior member

Man, people have complained about DT's ever since day 1. It started in idiocy, if you recall Mrpologuy and his 'things XXX like' threads. I can see how the seepage could be irritating, but how much worse is it than purposefully-ignorant noobs in MC who refuse to lurk for a while? Or bowtielover, now that I think of it. (no hate)
    Yeah I do remember. I liked DT.
    I subscribe to the "no one is forcing you to read it" philosophy.
    And I mostly don't. It's like the dork at work who comes up to you with OMG this joke is so funny you HAVE to hear this durhur. When you hear that, you know it's not going to be funny.
    Yeah, and really more so than the seepage, it's the killing of the wonderfully spontaneous dumb by DT. What a strange complaint I know... I just remember when it was mostly funny instead of a self-promoting race to top one another. Maybe that's nostalgia.

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Metro is to Andy Kaufman what Eric Glennie is to Alexander McQueen

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thankfully, Thomas, we still do not get along.

Thankfully. (?)

Have you seen Metro's hair?!

Another reason I will never attain the coveted IC membership: I am neither smart nor nimble enough to have a sock puppet.

You also get laid too often.

15. mordecai

mordecai Immoderator

Metro is to Andy Kaufman what Eric Glennie is to Alexander McQueen
    [​IMG]
    Have you seen Metro's hair?!
    i have no idea what he looks like. link?