Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

move to ban this guy
    Since it hasn't poofed yet, this is obviously spam.
    This may deserve the greatest QFI ever poasted.
    What does the Quiz Foundation of India have to do with anything?

2. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Senior member

I don't think you understand. It's not that any particular thing you do, that you can turn on and off, gets under my skin. I just find your whole online Patrick Bateman persona contemptible and irritating. You may be a decent person in real life, though I doubt it. I would also bet that offline you are not nearly the alpha-bigtimer you pretend to be. However that may be, I can only judge by what you are online.

Oh, I know. You are allergic to all my poasts/boasts. [​IMG]

As anyone that has met me IRL can attest, I am even moar of a bigtimer when you get 2 meat me over a beer. RITE GUYS? Rite? Anyone?

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

As anyone that has met me IRL can attest, I am even moar of a bigtimer when you get 2 meat me over a beer. RITE GUYS? Rite? Anyone?

I watched Manton drink a margarita once.

4. Redwoood

Redwoood Senior member

I watched Manton drink a margarita once.
    You make it sound like some kind of paid performance. How were the reviews?

5. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim In Time Out

You make is sound like some kind of paid performance. How were the reviews?
    Well, aside from him being really tall, and looking kinda like David Byrne's uncle, to the best of my knowledge he drank his margarita just like everyone else. (One leg at a time?) He and J split a pitcher of Margarita. I really didn't have any. Maybe a little bit to be polite. I don't remember.

6. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

I can only repeat what I said to Petrus1. Either your online pose is a put-on or it is entirely genuine. Both options are not flattering. You can make a case either way for which is worse. Most people would say that #1 is more pathetic. Some philosophers would say #2.

All I know is that, if a son of mine turned out like you, or if a daughter of mine ended up with you or the likes of you, I would be profoundly sad. I would think that I had failed as a father, that I had not properly conveyed the way to behave, the way to treat other people (especially of the opposite sex), that I had not shown by example the proper way to enjoy material pleasures without making them the center of life, that I had not made manifest that short-term status isn't everything.

I would think that I had failed at my primary task of inuring them to the worst excesses, lowest lows, and shallowest littorals of modernity.

I can't really put it any clearer.

7. Manton

Well, aside from him being really tall, and looking kinda like David Byrne's uncle, to the best of my knowledge he drank his margarita just like everyone else. (One leg at a time?)

He and J split a pitcher of Margarita. I really didn't have any. Maybe a little bit to be polite. I don't remember.

As I recall, you nursed one and said something about being Asian and allergic to alcohol.

To the viewing audience, this may be true (I have no reason to believe it is not) but Slim is a big dude, tall, not fat, sort of buff. From the looks of him, he can handle his liquor. He just declined.

8. MetroStyles

I can only repeat what I said to Petrus1. Either your online pose is a put-on or it is entirely genuine. Both options are not flattering. You can make a case either way for which is worse. Most people would say that #1 is more pathetic. Some philosophers would say #2.

All I know is that, if a son of mine turned out like you, or if a daughter of mine ended up with you or the likes of you, I would be profoundly sad. I would think that I had failed as a father, that I had not properly conveyed the way to behave, the way to treat other people (especially of the opposite sex), that I had not shown by example the proper way to enjoy material pleasures without making them the center of life, that I had not made manifest that short-term status isn't everything.

I would think that I had failed at my primary task of inuring them to the worst excesses, lowest lows, and shallowest littorals of modernity.

I can't really put it any clearer.

I'm going to marry your daughter.

9. Manton

I doubt that very much. I was going to say that I would kill her before I would allow that. But I think it's more likely that her mother and I would just kill ourselves. The girl would follow in due course.

10. MetroStyles

I doubt that very much. I was going to say that I would kill her before I would allow that. But I think it's more likely that her mother and I would just kill ourselves. The girl would follow in due course.

Manton, dear, I feel as if we've gotten off on the wrong foot. Why don't we meet for a cocktail. You know, to discuss nuclear disarmament and the details of a potential dowry. Maybe we can right this ship.

11. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

12. BillyMaysHere!

BillyMaysHere! Senior member

Come on Manton. We're all a little Metro on the inside.

Back when I was 18 (all the way back in 2008), if you had asked me who I'd be like right now, I would have assumed metro over what I am right now. Not sure if my actual progression is better or worse. [​IMG]

13. gdl203

gdl203 Affiliate Vendor Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

Seems unlikely since she's a real person.

Come on Manton. We're all a little Metro on the inside.

On the inside of our intestine, yes.

14. MetroStyles

Seems unlikely since she's a real person.

On the inside of our intestine, yes.

Why the hate?

15. ramuman

ramuman Senior member

[​IMG]

Ugh..1969? Explain your archaic source code.