• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by teddieriley
None of you ladies answered my question about this Quick Reply button - is it an IE or personal/security settings thang? This is my work laptop if that means anything. I didn't mean to quote LA Guy above, but that's what happened when I hit Quick Reply. This doesn't happen on my personal computer running same version of IE. No clue what it is. It's as if Quick Reply is deactivated for whatever reason.
Stop being so lazy and just CTRL+A, Delete/Backspace it or use the Reply button at the end of the page. In FF, if I click on it in the same tab, no quoting occurs and if I open the link in a new tab, it'll quote it.

Rosenberg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deadly7
Don't like it? Leave. Nobody's begging you to stay.

Originally Posted by deadly7
Neither you nor Blackfyre own, run, host, or in any way manage the forum. Free speech does not apply in nongovernmental entities. So, again, if j/fok/m@t don't want you saying something, either put up with it and follow their rules, or stfu and get out. It's really quite cut-and-dry.

Are you a mod? I'm not being sarcastic, I don't know. If not, why is it that you seem to have made yourself some sort of SF enforcer? Nothing that they said indicated that they didn't like this place. They were just discussing and it seems like you show up looking for a fight

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rosenberg
Are you a mod? I'm not being sarcastic, I don't know. If not, why is it that you seem to have made yourself some sort of SF enforcer? Nothing that they said indicated that they didn't like this place. They were just discussing and it seems like you show up looking for a fight

No, but I've run/managed plenty of online communities in the past. It always circles back to the "freedom of speech" issue, and it gets irritating after a while. In the end, freedom of speech is what the admins/mods of the community decide it is; nothing more, nothing less. I meant no ill will to you or Blackfyre, even if my post was harshly worded.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Stop being so lazy and just CTRL+A, Delete/Backspace it or use the Reply button at the end of the page. In FF, if I click on it in the same tab, no quoting occurs and if I open the link in a new tab, it'll quote it.

ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
It's not a matter of laziness - it's annoying. I'm pretty damn sure you wouldn't want to have to be re-directed to another page with a quote when most of the time you just want to do a quick reply without having to navigate from the page. But thanks for being so helpful. You must be a SW&D guy.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Blackfyre
i think the bar anology is kinda stupid. if you say something in a bar that pisses someone off, and they decide to make an issue of it. you have the ability to defend yourself either verbally or physically. you cant do that with the mods here or anywhere, b/c the mods have absolute power. what he said as douchey as it may be is his personal opinion. if it offends than ignore the thread dont respond and let it sink and die. this bar thing only seems to arise when its something that personally offends the mod team.
at which point management has the right to ask one or all of you to leave the establishment and ensure the doorman is aware of how long it will be until you are allowed back in. And I can think of maybe one instance where I was personally offended, like....ever. That particular example mortified a LOT of people...so no, personal offense doesn't really factor in. I'm Australian. We find offense a humorous character tester.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
at which point management has the right to ask one or all of you to leave the establishment and ensure the doorman is aware of how long it will be until you are allowed back in. And I can think of maybe one instance where I was personally offended, like....ever. That particular example mortified a LOT of people...so no, personal offense doesn't really factor in. I'm Australian. We find offense a humorous character tester.
Ditto. I get pissed off at stupidity, but it's pretty hard to offend me. However, that doesn't mean that I can't take a look at a reported post and make the judgement "Yeah, that's sufficiently douchey that I should probably do something." FWIW, on average, it's once every few weeks or so that I have to do something, and we get dozens, sometimes over a hundred, reported posts, every day. Our intention is to make this a fun place to be, not to uphold the First Amendment. Tell the truth, the only US Constitutional Amendment that I care much about is the 21st.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a man cant voice a stupid opinion? i know both of you have been to the CE

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I believe that's the official motto of CE: A place where a man can voice his stupid opinions.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Voicing a stupid opinion can be done in a non-assholeish way. I don't actually condemn the OP of the linked post because I understood the point he was making, but his phrasing was meant to be flagrant and was unwarranted. As always, there's a right way and a wrong way to bring up a delicate issue. Going "**** BREAST CANCER IT'S MAKIN MY FOOTBALL GAMES ALL PINK WTF!!!" is not the right way.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Dude why do you keep pushing on this? You've gotten your answer, several times and several ways. Basically, it's this: Act like a douche, get banned. Of course that is very subjective. Some people can get away with saying something that others can't. Some people can push the line while others can't. It isn't fair, but it is the reality, and noone is forcing pennglock or anyone else for that matter to be a part of this forum. If someone doesn't like the rules, they don't have to stay here. I can think of one forum in particular where people that don't like SF all go to hang out and talk **** about it.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
In what way?
confused.gif

I'm kinda stupid, not very funny, mostly boring, and spent my entire adult life trying to find something that you can't find when you're looking for it.
Metrostyles is my Barney Stinson.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads