Site Topics - Part II

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by j, Feb 4, 2010.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Is there any way to screen applications with chinese origin IPs? The spamming is getting worse and worse.
    Racist!
    I was surprised that TJ didn't get that thread title edited out a while ago. It had been up for at least a week. Bring him back if possible. He's a good guy. What ended up happening with the Napoli tailor and Unlucky threads?
    No pay, no play. I've said this before within the last 2 pages....

2. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

No pay, no play. I've said this before within the last 2 pages....
    Who are you again?

3. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Who are you again?

Does it matter? He's got an opinion!

4. Baron

Baron Senior member Dubiously Honored

Who are you again?

Not sure why the mods won't weigh in on this. If they want to get paid it's nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's not always clear to me what constitutes a banning offense in that realm. NSM did contribute a lot of nice photos that are clearly of great interest around here.

5. binge

binge Senior member

Not sure why the mods won't weigh in on this. If they want to get paid it's nothing to be embarrassed about, but it's not always clear to me what constitutes a banning offense in that realm. NSM did contribute a lot of nice photos that are clearly of great interest around here.

I fear Ambrosi might be next.

6. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

Yo, don't be bringin AF's shit into DT. WTF is you thinking?

Respectfully,
    edinatlanta

7. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Is Fok totalitarian? [​IMG]

8. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Is Fok totalitarian? [​IMG]
    Perhaps. Definitely fascist.

9. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Perhaps. Definitely fascist.
    You are a good stormtrooper

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Why was texas_jack banned? Also, the forum clock is off by about 20 minutes.
    He's actually just timed out for 2 weeks. The admin board has "banned" as the default setting, and I forgot to change it to "timed out" before throwing him in the brig.
    I'm assuming that NSM is Mina? Vendors obviously tread a fine line, and unless something is obviously spam, I will not ban without a very friendly reminder that the line has been crossed. In this specific case, after the vendor posted an thread for her visit to... I don't remember where, several months ago, I closed the threads, and informed her that such announcements, for non-affiliates, were to be made only in the official PSA thread, and that if she wanted to make a separate thread, she would have to contact me re. advertising on the forum. There was no reply, and last week, I was made aware, by an affiliate, that she had made 2 additional threads of the same nature, so I banned her until she pays that $300 fine, as clearly stated in the announcement re. commercial threads in the forum. When and if she pays, she will be unbanned. I've also sent her a list of seriously underpriced advertising options. As for why I didn't post here earlier, it's because I hate posting in this thread, and avoid doing so as much as possible.
    Yo, don't be bringin AF's shit into DT. WTF is you thinking? Respectfully, edinatlanta
    An object lesson on the horrors of redistribution of wealth.

11. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I would like to know where the line is drawn as well, if the mods don't mind.

The line is where we draw it. To use the bar analogy again, you don't get kicked out until you get kicked out. Then, you will know why you got kicked out. My advice is to see what mod decisions have been in the past and to ponder them in your heart.

Re. Fuuma's post - it was an obvious parody, and we are not as tone deaf as the MPAA. If a new member had posted the same thing, would he have been gone? Maybe. But Fuuma has been around a long time, and we've figured out how to read his posts pretty well. No, life's not fair.

12. Matt

Matt [email protected]

The line is where we draw it. To use the bar analogy again, you don't get kicked out until you get kicked out. Then, you will know why you got kicked out. My advice is to see what mod decisions have been in the past and to ponder them in your heart.
    and preferably not PM us trying to work out exactly where these lines are in order to seek our assistance to work out the most appropriate way to stay within a millimeter of crossing them. Cos, you know, that's not annoying at all.

13. SpooPoker

SpooPoker Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus Dubiously Honored Affiliate Vendor

If this is fake or not, Its pretty bad taste. Shouldnt this be removed?

14. Zachgranstrom

Zachgranstrom Senior member

This is so wrong.I say squirrel it also.

15. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Good Lord. What is wrong with some people? Fake or not....