• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
@admin These Fox ads are super obtrusive:

6EEE6CFC-1659-4B6B-AC26-C16A44172B77.png

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paging @LA Guy

Why is it that we can't edit our posts after a day or so? I remember this not being a thing until maybe 2-3 years ago.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paging @LA Guy

Why is it that we can't edit our posts after a day or so? I remember this not being a thing until maybe 2-3 years ago.
This has been a thing since 2011 o 2012. There are at least two reasons, and there were more, but these were the ones that I remember:

1) A few prolific but troll-like members started to delete stuff from their posts deliberately, replacing it with static, claiming that "whoever needed to read it had read it". This obviously disrupted the flow of the conversations and a lot of other members started to complain. While admins have the option to revert posts, it's just a gigantic PITA. We leave enough time for people to delete ill advised posts made in anger, or to fix typos, and leave it at that.

2) We had a slew of "sleeper" accounts that would post innocuous, slightly relevant content like "Nice shirt" and then they would, long after the initial post, go back into their posts and ad single pixel transparent images that contained trackers and also would siphon our affiliate commissions. One member had been doing this for 5 years, we found. We obviousloy don't know the extent of the damage, but we estimated that he took something like $15K over 5 years in commissions. He had probably been doing this on other sites as well.

Basically, limiting the editing just made abuse of the system a lot harder.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Still requesting an option to filter out the classified posts.
I don't want your raggedy ass old shoes 😃

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still requesting an option to filter out the classified posts.
I don't want your raggedy ass old shoes 😃
we will be sunsetting the old system and going to a new system that I can only descrive as "Forum plus" taking advantage of the forum free form conversation, but guiding the seller to properly tag their posts (you will be able to search by tags) and put in the relevant information. There are a few steps before that happens, but it is actually starting to happen now. There will be a sunset period so that people can get their stuff moved, though we have gotten a developer to have the listings automatically switched over.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
@admin what's up with the sig lines being full sized font?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Uh, not just signatures. In windows Chrome I am seeing everything being a bigass font.
1665764412683.png

non-post text looks to be the right size including things like forum views and the watched threads page.

Imperatores

Reaction score
I have the annoyingly big font too, on all of my browsers (Chrome, Firefox and Edge). Looks awful on desktop.

Reactions: otc

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Also seeing Big Font on MacOS Safari. iOS Safari appears to be unaffected.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads