• We would like to welcome Sprezzabox to the Styleforum family as an official Affiliate Vendor! SprezzaBox is a monthly subscription service for men, delivering a unique selection of fashion and lifestyle accessories right to your doorstep.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Site Topics - Part II

nmprisons

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume, but do not know, that the poster crossed some line across which only affiliate vendors can hop.

emptym

Reaction score
Yep, and apparently he had been informed of the conditions for making such posts despite implying otherwise.

I'm going to merge this into the site topics thread, which is the appropriate place for such discussions.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, and apparently he had been informed of the conditions for making such posts despite implying otherwise.

I'm going to merge this into the site topics thread, which is the appropriate place for such discussions.
Can you explain why only affiliate vendors can do this? How can he become an affiliate vendor?

Is this how SF is run? Brands pay to be affiliates or something and only they can advertise?

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
erm. . . . Yup.

But is designed to keep this from becoming a flea market. to keep things dialogue based. so only people who approach it right can disrupt the chats. ie: a spam filter.

I'm sure if you weren't wealthy enough to be come an affiliate vendor, but you had a good product? you could have your own thread. and chime in when people ask for something like what you make. because then you could afford to be an official vendor. once you got a start.lifting your business profile, and patronage.
spamming really can ruin it for many readers.

Think "Department store". those departments all pay for floor space.
one thing i do know, is SF is reasonable. so you might be able to setup a small table. if you help others.

Last edited:

emptym

Reaction score
Yeah, Thrift Vader said that well. The forum's purpose is mainly to let regular people have discussions. Anyone who wants to use the forum for commercial purposes must become an affiliate vendor and then their commercial efforts are mainly confined to their own affiliate thread. To become an affiliate, they need to email [email protected].

We delete lots of commercial messages every day, maybe a hundred on average. If we didn't, the forum would be overrun by it, both in threads and private messaging. Most of it is just spam. (Keto is the current wave.) But when a vendor has something that would probably be enjoyed by our members, we send them a notice that they need to become an affiliate. If you'd like to know more, pls email the above or [email protected] Guy.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, Thrift Vader said that well. The forum's purpose is mainly to let regular people have discussions. Anyone who wants to use the forum for commercial purposes must become an affiliate vendor...
I don’t know who you guys are talking about, but for readers who don’t know, there are still plenty of great non-spammy, legitimate options here if you’re looking to move some stuff.

Outside of the Buy/Sell section, there’s the official thrift/discount buy/sell/trade/want thread (where people list their secondhand finds, used clothing, links to eBay items, etc). Also more and more sell/trade threads are popping-up around specific designers: RRL, 18 East, Engineered Garments. There’s even a tiny secondhand market/thread exclusively for things bought from forum affiliate No Man Walks Alone(!).

It’s great to be able to find things this way, from trusted people who know what they’re selling (and how to measure it!).

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
who got banned?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Hello @admin , I am trying to curate a thread for displaying culturally significant and rare items. But i am unable to go back and edit posts.
Can you please add this picture to the "Clinker Toy" post as the 2nd picture?
Clinker toy model.jpg

Or maybe give me the ability to edit old posts in just this thread, to keep it updated and organized? The finder of this item, @California Dreamer would be really happy to have this picture added to the post.
either way, Can something be done? i feel like i let him down.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wasn't there a way to see who the top posters are in a particular thread and their count? how to do that por favor? i forget.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So how come now when someone you ignore is quoted their name shows up? I liked it better when there was nothing in the qoute

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 87 17.5%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 158 31.9%
  • 8”

Votes: 143 28.8%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 57 11.5%
  • 9”

Votes: 26 5.2%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 11 2.2%