• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Site Topics - Part II

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Have you tried google translate? perhaps other folks want to play too.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have problems with the Google keyboard on SF. Specially the stock google keyboard such as on Pixels when it comes to swiping input and autocorrect (can't say if the same is true of third party keyboards).

I think it is tied to the way the post editor saves drafts/supports special formatting/etc.

Basically the autocorrect doesn't work right. If I go back to correct a word, and pick a new autocorrect suggestion, it will often do crazy things like duplicate the subsequent word, or replace the text with something else. I have seen this occasionally on other websites with certain text boxes, but most websites and apps have no problems with text entry.

I will try to find more specific examples, but I wanted to see if this was a known issue or if anyone else was suffering from it. @admin ?

admin

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
I have problems with the Google keyboard on SF. Specially the stock google keyboard such as on Pixels when it comes to swiping input and autocorrect (can't say if the same is true of third party keyboards).

I think it is tied to the way the post editor saves drafts/supports special formatting/etc.

Basically the autocorrect doesn't work right. If I go back to correct a word, and pick a new autocorrect suggestion, it will often do crazy things like duplicate the subsequent word, or replace the text with something else. I have seen this occasionally on other websites with certain text boxes, but most websites and apps have no problems with text entry.

I will try to find more specific examples, but I wanted to see if this was a known issue or if anyone else was suffering from it. @admin ?

I’ve heard no reports, but I can look into it. I personally have a Pixel XL and an iPhone 8 with the google keyboard and have no issues with either.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I reverted my keyboard back to the default and then reinstalled the updates. We'll see if that fixes it.

I am otherwise having trouble googling my exact symptoms as I am having difficulty describing what is actually happening. Maybe I'll have to start video taping myself posting to SF so that I can get some better diagnosis of what is happening.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Maybe I'll have to start video taping myself posting to SF so that I can get some better diagnosis of what is happening.

A1974419-30F7-441F-B76F-74B881699B6A.gif

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Why is this like the only forum of its size to be regularly plagued by a fuckload of spam on a daily basis? A whole page of spam on the SW&D forum every.single.day

aj62KmU.png

I tend to be up early and check in to clear it. Honestly, most of my followed threads are on the CM side, so I forget to get over to SWD. Since you mentioned it, I’ve been trying to clear them both before N. America wakes.

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve heard no reports, but I can look into it. I personally have a Pixel XL and an iPhone 8 with the google keyboard and have no issues with either.

No idea whether this could be related, but I’ve since the switch, I have trouble with keyboards connected to my iPad. Whenever I hit a cursor direction in the text box, it jumps to the bottom of the page. It doesn’t matter whether it’s left, right, up, or down.

This happens with Apple’s smart keyboard and a generic Bluetooth. It’s on iPad Pro.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, but this site is and has always been **** about spam.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CM page has been over taken by spam within the last 50 min.

I hardly ever look at the "front page" of SF - I always just go to the page showing my watched threads - but on the rare occasions I do go to the front page, regardless of the time of day, it is almost always full of Chinese or Korean spam. There will be one or two actual SF threads showing, and all of the other threads will be spam threads created by a brand new user.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hardly ever look at the "front page" of SF - I always just go to the page showing my watched threads - but on the rare occasions I do go to the front page, regardless of the time of day, it is almost always full of Chinese or Korean spam. There will be one or two actual SF threads showing, and all of the other threads will be spam threads created by a brand new user.

I can't tell the difference, is it Chinese or Korean? I often want to use google translate to see what the big deal is and I want to figure out the purpose of their activity.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads