• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Single Cuff Button Cufflinks

farwest1

Reaction score
I have a few shirts with a single cuff that require cufflinks. The problem is, I really dislike wearing cufflinks. I find them bulky and overly formal.

One of the shirts came with a kind of double-button threaded together to form a cufflink. I've since lost this, but it seems like a great solution for me.

Is there somewhere to buy these items? What do you call them? Any time I've searched "button cufflink" I've gotten silver cufflinks that look like buttons, not actual buttons as cufflinks.

Thanks!

jcb9

Reaction score
I know what you are talking about - two regular shirt buttons (not silk knots) connected with elastic threading. I have not seen these for sale as a standalone item. Silk knots would work for you though. I have two pair that I wear with single cuff shirts and it works out well. More informal, as you said.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know what you are talking about - two regular shirt buttons (not silk knots) connected with elastic threading. I have not seen these for sale as a standalone item. Silk knots would work for you though. I have two pair that I wear with single cuff shirts and it works out well. More informal, as you said.
I have a set of these, though I have no idea when or where I acquired them. I have had them for years.

farwest1

Reaction score
Yes, exactly! Two regular shirt buttons connected by elastic or thread. If anyone knows where to find these, it would be greatly appreciated.

It may sound overly picky, but I'm not a fan of the silk knots for the same reason I don't wear cufflinks: they seem a bit formal and are bulky. I really just want to finish my single cuff shirts as if they were button cuffs.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always loved these Rubinacci cufflinks which are perfect for single cuffs:

44030633.jpg

(Image courtesy of Oshinex)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads