Single Cuff Button Cufflinks

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by farwest1, Jul 10, 2012.

1. farwest1

farwest1 New Member

I have a few shirts with a single cuff that require cufflinks. The problem is, I really dislike wearing cufflinks. I find them bulky and overly formal.

One of the shirts came with a kind of double-button threaded together to form a cufflink. I've since lost this, but it seems like a great solution for me.

Is there somewhere to buy these items? What do you call them? Any time I've searched "button cufflink" I've gotten silver cufflinks that look like buttons, not actual buttons as cufflinks.

Thanks!

2. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

3. jcb9

jcb9 Senior member

I know what you are talking about - two regular shirt buttons (not silk knots) connected with elastic threading. I have not seen these for sale as a standalone item. Silk knots would work for you though. I have two pair that I wear with single cuff shirts and it works out well. More informal, as you said.

4. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

I have a set of these, though I have no idea when or where I acquired them. I have had them for years.

5. farwest1

farwest1 New Member

Yes, exactly! Two regular shirt buttons connected by elastic or thread. If anyone knows where to find these, it would be greatly appreciated.

It may sound overly picky, but I'm not a fan of the silk knots for the same reason I don't wear cufflinks: they seem a bit formal and are bulky. I really just want to finish my single cuff shirts as if they were button cuffs.

6. msulinski

msulinski Senior member

7. vida

vida Senior member

8. MalfordOfLondon

MalfordOfLondon Senior member

I've always loved these Rubinacci cufflinks which are perfect for single cuffs:

[​IMG]

(Image courtesy of Oshinex)