• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Single/center vent = fail

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm a fan of the single vent, and i don't worry about ****** showing when both hands are in my pockets. i just consider it a gift to those who walk behind me. ****** rules.
smile.gif

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I don't know...the triple vent allows you to ride a donkey one part of the day, but then put your hands your pockets other times of the day. And then, when you're off for drinkies at night, you seal all three vents for that really formal look.

We need Despos to weigh in.

- B

Perhaps, but think about the prerequisite amount of extra fabric, and buttons required for such a jurry-rigging. I don't see how this bulk could flatter the posterior on most all, but the very slender.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
The ideal thing would be a single rear vent jacket with a single rear vent pair of trousers.

Combine that with going commando and you have the ingredients for defacatory ease and efficiency rivaling the good old days in the Garden of Eden.

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by erdawe
Perhaps, but think about the prerequisite amount of extra fabric, and buttons required for such a jurry-rigging. I don't see how this bulk could flatter the posterior on most all, but the very slender.

Works for Beyonce and JLo...why not us?

- B

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you're dressed casually (without sportcoat), your entire clothed rear is exposed and everyone seems to be fine with that, but if you have a jacket on and a sliver of your clothed rear is exposed, that's a huge sin?

erdawe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Works for Beyonce and JLo...why not us? - B
As long at it brings all the boyz to the yard.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see why showing your behind is an issue. It's on show when wearing no jacket at all. But I do prefer side vents. However, when the right jacket comes along and I love the fit, the fabric and the cut, then vent style really doesn't factor into my decision to buy at all.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
I have a military background, so for me: hands in your pockets = fail.
Is it stupid to give military salute without a hat?
The ideal thing would be a single rear vent jacket with a single rear vent pair of trousers. Combine that with going commando and you have the ingredients for defacatory ease and efficiency rivaling the good old days in the Garden of Eden. - B
That is fuking genius, paging Socal

Grayland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dkzzzz
Is it stupid to give military salute without a hat?

The only time I could see that happening is when you were reporting to a superior officer indoors. You would, of course, remove your hat indoors.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I prefer side vents but have a couple of suits that are single vent.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grayland
The only time I could see that happening is when you were reporting to a superior officer indoors. You would, of course, remove your hat indoors.
I see US presidents and other civilians throwing military salutes all the time while not wearing a headgear. It always looks stupid to me. In a military I've served you are not allowed to remove any part of your uniform.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
when you put your hands in your trouser pockets the double vent allows easy access while not disturbing the lines of your jacket

IMO a gentleman doesnt put his hands in his pockets unless its to reach in and out for something.

If your hands are cold, wear gloves, if your fidgety, drink less coffee, if you have a hole in your pocket from which to grab your snake, you get a pass.

As far as the single vent debate goes, if you have a big ass, a double vent makes it look much more pronounced. A good reason to use a single vent.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads