Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Singer 911

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by impolyt_one, Aug 5, 2010.

1. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

Anyone else see this on Autoblog today/yesterday? It's magnificent. I believe I saw somebody on a Porsche forum do something very similar to this on an unlimited budget and it really piqued my interest in resto-mod early-style 911's, my favorites, but the stuff on this Singer, like the woven interior scheme on the Recaros and panels, the Heuer chrono in the dash, the subtle body and lighting mods beyond the loud fenders, the whole thing is great. If it were keeping the original VIN, I could import this to my country and insure it cheaply, at the rate of a 70's or 80's 911.

I'd like mine in Audi Aviator Grey, no stickers or badges. [​IMG]

I wonder how much it'd be to create something like this, maybe with a milder engine, and less of the fine details, but the same essential formula?

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/08/04/d...roduction-911/

2. dave

dave Senior member

3. bigbjorn

bigbjorn Senior member

Wow, those (PSAutoArt) are horrendous. The rear 3/4 view ought to be banned by federal law. That green faux-72/73 looks retarded, like someone yanked on it and extended the wheelbase. Eeeeeeech!

4. epb

epb Senior member

I see the appeal, but these aren't for me - if I were looking for a vintage 911, I'd want a swb 911, stock, in as nice a condition as I could find it. The money people spend on these backdates would get you a new 911 turbo.