• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Singapore: where to get quality shoe care products

rickimky

Reaction score
Was considering purchasing online but the huge shipping charges are really making me think twice.

Guys in Singapore: there's got to be some place with good shoe polish/wax/cream/whatever right? I would like to see some Saphir but I'm not getting my hopes too high. Probably can't expect much when you struggle to find decent shoes in the first place!

wetnose

Reaction score
Berluti sells their house brand shoe polish, which is made by Saphir. Nice beeswax aroma.

Edify Inc

Reaction score
Hi there,

I believe that you were at my shop recently enquiring about shoe polishes. If not, apologies for the mistake. If you are though, note that the cream polish I am about to tell you about is not the fashion colour creams I told you about the other day.

Anyway, it happens that I just received a shipment of premium polishes and waxes from Collonil Germany. I have tested them and believe them to be of comparable quality with the Saphir products which I myself also use.

I believe the forum has very strict rules with regards to self advertising and obviously I do not want to flout the rules with my first post. I had actually typed a lengthy explanation in PM, only to realise that I can't send it yet with my current post count. Please feel free ask me any questions as I strive to hit my 2nd post.
tongue.gif

poorlawstudent

Reaction score
just anyhow post something leh haha. then pm me/us the lengthy pm on shoe polish haha

p.s. i'm trying to "antique" a pair of shoes I got off spoo some months back. I used kiwi and it turned out pretty decent. Will probably post pics soon.

In any case, would like to find out more about the different shoe polish available here. And you're probably the best person to point us in the right direction haha.

cajun22

Reaction score
hi rickymky, i was in your position as well. end up buying kiwi shoe polish from a cobbler. All my dress shoes are using that now, as for my red wing boots, I'm using RW mink oil and for my timberland suede boots, I'm using the timberland suede brush. I'm keen on trying saphir when I get a good pair of dress shoes though. I'm currently considering the C&Js. Unfortunately, they're not available here. I will probably drop by Plal in KL when I visit there in Jan.

Edify Inc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poorlawstudent
just anyhow post something leh haha. then pm me/us the lengthy pm on shoe polish haha

p.s. i'm trying to "antique" a pair of shoes I got off spoo some months back. I used kiwi and it turned out pretty decent. Will probably post pics soon.

In any case, would like to find out more about the different shoe polish available here. And you're probably the best person to point us in the right direction haha.

Kiwi isn't all that bad in itself, just not as high quality as Saphir, which was what the OP was looking for.

I'm really hestitant to elaborate on the products I carry as I don't know where the line is drawn here on self advertisement. Maybe I can suggest you guys to google Collonil 1909 range and Collonil Premium range?

benitahesson

Reaction score
These are available in different styles from flat and thick cord, to self tying and polished waxed. They come in a wide variety of colors - choose from our range of replacement shoe laces to decorate your shoes to your desired taste or simply to prolong the life of your footwear.

why18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Edify, Inc
I believe the forum has very strict rules with regards to self advertising and obviously I do not want to flout the rules with my first post. I had actually typed a lengthy explanation in PM, only to realise that I can't send it yet with my current post count. Please feel free ask me any questions as I strive to hit my 2nd post.
tongue.gif

May I know which area are you at? Ngee Ann Italian shoes shop, ION British shoes shop, or that Tailor shop at Red Dot?

Edify Inc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why18
May I know which area are you at? Ngee Ann Italian shoes shop, ION British shoes shop, or that Tailor shop at Red Dot?

Actually, none of the above. I run a shoe repair shop in the shopping centre above City Hall MRT.

rickimky

Reaction score
Actually, none of the above. I run a shoe repair shop in the shopping centre above City Hall MRT.

Hi Edify. Yes that was me at your shop the other day. I actually wanted to reply on my own thread telling everyone that I found a new place with good stuff but you beat me to it by finding me on SF!! I think what you're doing is really great bringing in all those quality stuff to Singapore. Not too sure whether there's any discussion on SF on collonil products but the 1909 range does seem pretty good.

I'll definitely be finding you at your shop soon.

rickimky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by cajun22
hi rickymky, i was in your position as well. end up buying kiwi shoe polish from a cobbler. All my dress shoes are using that now, as for my red wing boots, I'm using RW mink oil and for my timberland suede boots, I'm using the timberland suede brush. I'm keen on trying saphir when I get a good pair of dress shoes though. I'm currently considering the C&Js. Unfortunately, they're not available here. I will probably drop by Plal in KL when I visit there in Jan.

Well kiwi is indeed alright but would like to pamper my nicer dress shoes.
laugh.gif

I'm actually going up to KL next Friday so maybe I should check out Plal too.

Btw, I checked out Berluti as well but I felt that for 40 bucks for each tin I might as well order Saphir MDO online. Thanks for the heads up though.

luv2dance

Reaction score
Hi there,

I believe that you were at my shop recently enquiring about shoe polishes. If not, apologies for the mistake. If you are though, note that the cream polish I am about to tell you about is not the fashion colour creams I told you about the other day.

Anyway, it happens that I just received a shipment of premium polishes and waxes from Collonil Germany. I have tested them and believe them to be of comparable quality with the Saphir products which I myself also use.

tongue.gif

I completely agree Collonil is definitely comparable to Saphir and probably much easier to find worldwide.

Edify Inc

Reaction score
Just thought I'll post a small update. I have now started my own company which offers recrafting of Goodyear welted shoes in Singapore, amongst other services.

Please see my sig for more details.

Cheers!

Jangofett

Reaction score
Er, do you offer exotic skins for your shoes? With exotic skins being cheaper in Singapore and Asia, that can be a viable option.

apjw

Reaction score
Hi Edwin, would like to enquire if your shop carries any shoe trees or if you know of anywhere in Singapore where I can find good quality shoe trees?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads