• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sin City, who should not wear Chucks

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by weirdnjfan1
My father is in his 50s and still wears prision issue chucks. That prooves that there is no age limit.
Is he is in prison??

oceans11

Reaction score
I agree I'm 38 & I love it's simplicity with a fresh pair of Dickies & a white pressed T-shirt.

Obstacle 1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Chucks would definitely be an improvement. I hate the shock absorbers on shoes.
uhhh i have to disagree has anyone (who has to work on their feet for a whole day) worn chucks to work? like me, i'm sure you are aware of the ensuing pain that you will get in your feet and up through your body. don't wear chucks when you stand all day. a shoe with proper support is far better, no matter how **** it looks.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since being bought out by Nike: -Production outsourced to overseas sweatshops -Changed from 2-ply cotton canvas to 1-ply "textile" -Price raised to $40 -Plans to use dead rock stars for branding: "No doubt this would have been a huge hit with Kurt Cobain, John Lennon, Jerry Garcia and Jim Morrison, who are, of course, all widely remembered for their love of synergistic marketing, product endorsements and co-branding opportunities." **** you, Nike. You ruined one of my favorite shoes.

converge

Reaction score
I wear custom orthotics with my Chucks, so their lack of support is not as drastic for me.

WayneGibbous

Reaction score
The AA, Nudie, Chucks look is plaaaaaayed out. Nothing against chucks but just wearing plain, solid, unworn, pristine Chucks has got to end. They have so many unique looks but people retread the same washed-up look year-after-year.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WayneGibbous
The AA, Nudie, Chucks look is plaaaaaayed out. Nothing against chucks but just wearing plain, solid, unworn, pristine Chucks has got to end. They have so many unique looks but people retread the same washed-up look year-after-year.

Do these appeal to you more?

100_2285_800x600.jpg

lol8[1].gif

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
Since being bought out by Nike:
-Production outsourced to overseas sweatshops
-Changed from 2-ply cotton canvas to 1-ply "textile"
-Price raised to $40
-Plans to use dead rock stars for branding: "No doubt this would have been a huge hit with Kurt Cobain, John Lennon, Jerry Garcia and Jim Morrison, who are, of course, all widely remembered for their love of synergistic marketing, product endorsements and co-branding opportunities."

**** you, Nike. You ruined one of my favorite shoes.

Tell me that's not true.

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sander
Tell me that's not true.

Wikipedia is a questionable source, so I just did some research and that list isn't 100% accurate. Nike didn't make the outsourcing decision; Converse did when they filed for bankruptcy in 2001. Still, I am not paying $40 for a $3 made-in-China shoe, much less one that plans on whoring out dead rock musicians who would obviously have been opposed to it.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are still deadstock/vintage chucks on ebay that are made in usa. The prices on them have gone up, though.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
omfg... I have to say the new choice of canvas bothers me most...
****, I just bought a new pair...

seamless74

Reaction score
nuts!!!!!!!!!! all of you chuckheads are nuts!!!!!!!!!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics