• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simply some of the finest Mother of Pearl shirt buttons available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S. Paul

Reaction score
I still have stock of all MOP button offerings below.

Style 1: The Ultimate
These buttons are considered by many to be the ultimate Mother of Pearl button for size 18L due to the thickness, shape and shine! Note the curved, saucer-like bottom and the design of the wider rim on the top.
The Ultimate Smoke MOP's are available in sizes 18L and 16L only (no 14L).

The specs for all the Ultimate buttons are the same: 18L are 3.5mm thick, the 16L are 3.2mm thick and the 14L are 2.8mm thick.
Sizes 14 to 18L:
AKSizes3.jpg

18L White profile:
AK18L.jpg

Smoke 18L:
SmokeAK.jpg

One of my casual shirts with Ultimate Smoke:
2011-06-20232906.jpg

2011-06-20232725.jpg

2011-06-20232813.jpg

Ultimate MOP's:
AKs2.jpg

Ultimate Trifecta:
AKTrifecta.jpg

The Ultimate natural white button is available at $1.85 for 18L, $1.55 for 16L and $1.45 for 14L.

The Ultimate smoke color button is available at $2.00 for 18L and $1.70 for 16L.

There are many ways to configure your shirt when using size 18L buttons so there isn't really a "typical" setup. Most seem to prefer a total of 8pcs 18L (for the front placket and cuffs) and 3pcs 16L (one for the collar and two for the forearm sleeves). If you have any questions, just send me a message!

Style 2: The Standard
The other style is the Standard, very thick and beautiful MOP button with a smooth surface. The most popular shirt set configuration is 9pcs size 16L (6 on the front placket, one for the collar and two for the cuffs) and 2pcs size 14L (forearm sleeves). For a button-down collar, simply add in two extra 14L's.

The natural shiny white MOP and the smoke color Standard MOP have the same specs:
size 16L is 4.00mm thick and size 14L is 3.5mm thick.

Standard natural white:
SF_Photo_2.jpg

Standard smoke color:
SmokeMOPs2.jpg

The Standard white Mother of Pearl buttons are available at $1.75 -> 1.65 per button.
The Standard smoke Mother of Pearl buttons are available at $1.90 -> 1.75 per button.

Paypal approved; please PM me for details.

Shipping is $3.00 for CONUS and $7.00 to anywhere else in the world! All orders are shipped in the same high quality packaging and are sent via USPS First Class mail. Continental US orders have tracking information included.

I guarantee that you will love these buttons as much as I do. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply return them safely to me and I will refund 110% of your money. I am that confident that these are absolutely among the best buttons in the world.

cheers,
Sean Paul

Previous MOP button threads for more pictures, background information and feedback from other members:

Here is my previous MOP thread:
Previous MOP thread

And the MOP button thread before that for additional pictures and information:
Second MOP for-sale thread

My first MOP thread:
Original MOP for-sale thread

Attachments

• buttons 1113.jpg
    buttons 1113.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 426
Last edited:

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my standard 16L white buttons today. They are amazing!

I will be comparing them to my Borrelli buttons tonight, but they are better than my Ike Behar "Signature Series" buttons that I really like. I plan on buying several more sets of buttons soon.

Thank you!

Porkpie

Reaction score
Payment sent for smoke mop buttons. Thanks.

Oyaji

Reaction score
What size are the smoke AKs you put on your shirt?

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a second set of buttons for a button down and love them. They will make the shirt so much nicer. Will post pics when I get them sewn on.

stylemeup

Reaction score
I received some AK buttons.

Before I got them, I thought they would be huge due to the impression of their size left on me from the close-ups in the pictures. In real-life, they are much smaller than I was expecting. That is not a complaint - they look spectacular. :)

I love the buttons.

I too will try to post some pics after I have them sewn on.

Last edited:

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Vintage Testa w/Green AK MOP Buttons from S. Paul. Buttons are attached by hand.

TheBlackBruceWayne

Reaction score

I'm actually working on suit jacket buttons in Horn and MOP now! I'm evaluating the choices and colors and the new buttons should be available in about a month.
cheers,
SP

2nd that on the suit buttons...

looking for those flat faced non beveled horn buttons in like a dark green for a suit i'm having made

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads