• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Simply elegant mocassines

Bartolomeogb

Reaction score
Hi All

i have been coming to styleforum for the past few years, especially when I was looking for advice on the teba jacket I finally bought from bel y cia in Barcelona.
now I am back as I stuggled so much to find some reasonably priced simply elegant mocassines. So much so that I think there might be a gap in the market. I would love to know what style forum members think about these shoes. If feedback is positive I might start selling them!!
thank you very much
Bartolomeo

Attachments

• 9BBFD1E0-FFD2-42DF-B9B6-F390829370C0.jpeg
    9BBFD1E0-FFD2-42DF-B9B6-F390829370C0.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 402FC4E5-322B-479E-9B86-16879FDAC9A3.jpeg
    402FC4E5-322B-479E-9B86-16879FDAC9A3.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 99BEF66C-68C0-4391-997F-07F75A2EDD71.jpeg
    99BEF66C-68C0-4391-997F-07F75A2EDD71.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 39
  • AAD21FDD-E262-46D9-AFE9-26EB884F5603.jpeg
    AAD21FDD-E262-46D9-AFE9-26EB884F5603.jpeg
    154.4 KB · Views: 41

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Typically worn with suits by non-educated dressers in Spain. I remember hatting them since I was 4 years old.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are basically a cheaper imitation (normally made out of the most plasticky looking leather possible) of the all time classic beefroll penny loafers which at the same time look like a duck's beck that make the feet look shorter and wider than they really are. It's my very subjective opinion but I wish this design didn't exist.

JJ Katz

Reaction score
Typically worn with suits by non-educated dressers in Spain. I remember hatting them since I was 4 years old.

I know what you mean. I worked for a Spanish corporation for 5 years and, probably for reasons of comfort, there was a certain type of middling fellow who woul always wear these kinda cheap-lookingblack loafers with their (equality cheapish) formal business suit.

Bartolomeogb

Reaction score
Fascinating.
I am Italian and these shoes were recommended to me by a member of the Spanish Royal family.
incredible what marketing does to people... self professed experts who have no idea.
i grew up wearing my grand fathers caraceni suits, his Venetian hand made shirts and I inherited shoes from blo and gatto... and i am very happy to wear these shoes!

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fascinating.
I am Italian and these shoes were recommended to me by a member of the Spanish Royal family.
incredible what marketing does to people... self professed experts who have no idea.
i grew up wearing my grand fathers caraceni suits, his Venetian hand made shirts and I inherited shoes from blo and gatto... and i am very happy to wear these shoes!

They will remain one of the ugliest thing to put on your feet even worn by the Agnelli himself if he returned to life. In my school we used to bully the only kid wearing these shoes when we were in the pre-school. His parents were the snobbiest of all us and these shoes together with the Barbour was the uniform of the aspirational. Hey, no problem to demonstrate your snobbery to everyone but please wear damn nice shoes.

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Roman mocassin that to me is pure perfection would be this design. A much better pairing to a Caraceni suit. Something that is btw not easily available rtw outside Italy.
calzoleria-petrocchi-scarpa-mocassino-classic-vitello-testa-di-moro-002.jpg

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In my school we used to bully the only kid wearing these shoes when we were in the pre-school.

Imagine seeing a group of pre-schoolers bully a kid for wearing string loafers

*setting: somewhere in Luxumbourg*

Kid 1: "A Roman mocassin would be better with your Caraceni suit!"

Kid 2: "Please, this is my grandfather's Caraceni suit. He wore it when he was also in pre-school. I wear it today with my Venetian handmade shirts. Plus, I am Italian and these shoes were recommended to me by a member of the Spanish Royal family."

Kids 2 through 1 billion: "Kick his ass!"

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Spain and lived there until around 2 years ago when I moved to Luxembourg in order to being able to wear my napoletano flannel trousers but I can tell you something: my school (catholic but not so much) introduced the uniform very recently only to avoid kids showing status symbols through the dressing.

dauster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fascinating.
lol one of my favorite posts so far, true or not ....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics