• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Simon Spurr Suits Quality and Cut POST Simon Spurr Departure

Dinky89484

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone can comment on the quality and cut of Simon Spurr suits now that Simon Spurr himself is no longer part of the company. I would think the brand carries on with the same quality and design that Simon Spurr set precedence to but then again...we all know how change can affect things. Any thoughts anyone?

David A

Reaction score
I just bought two Simon Spurr suits on Gilt - $299 each. Not sure if they were made before or after his departure (I am assuming after), but the cut and quality are very good. I have pretty broad shoulders / chest, but narrower waste, and have found his suits to fit me as near perfect as is possible for OTR. Only need pants. Jackets are half-canvassed and Bemberg lined. Interesting note: Both of these were made in Canada. As I stated, quality, cut and fit are there for me, so I don't really care about the Canadian connection.

All-in-all, I am very pleased with them (especially at the price), and am planning on buying one from Gilt. Hope this helps.

David A

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The top-line Spurr suits are made by Caruso; excellent quality.

Don't know about the Canadian-made ones.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 30 15.3%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • Carmina

Votes: 31 15.8%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 32 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 66 33.7%