• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Similar fit to RB6 - Recommendations

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for another pair of jeans.. I like the RB6 because it allows for my ample seat. o_O

Needless to say.. I'm looking for recs on jeans with a similar fit. I was looking at Sugar Cane Edo Ais and Nudie RR - I'll need to head to the Denim Bar to try the RRs.. the others, I probably won't be able to try before I buy.

Anders

Reaction score
When I was looking for my first pair of nice denim I was debating between the RB6 and RRDS. I tried both on and the fit is very similar. I ended up buying the RRDS because I loved how they looked faded and the stitching is more urban/noticable while the RB6 stiching is more dress/quiet. I'm very happy with my RRDS a month in and can't wait for 6 months to go by.

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, guys.

Anyone else care to chime in? Any Japanese dry that's similar.. or no because most of those are repros (besides SCs)?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only one that has a somewhat similar fit that I've found is the Uniqlo greenlines, but they are a bit wider in the leg and have somewhat higher rise.

joey_formal

Reaction score
kicking mule 1950 dry will be a good try if you head into denim bar, as will the chip & pepper dry 87 selvedge, a little slimmer but a good jean to try

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They made this season's rb6 a little wider thankfully after getting rid of the rb1s. Now I need a pair.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rehashing an old topic here, but I got a couple of questions. What is the actual waist and inseam measurements on the rb6? I'm a 30 waist and can do a 32" inseam but wouldn't mind them a tad longer.

If these don't work is there anything out there in sub $200 dollar range that has a comparable fit and construction in dark indigo?

Is it me or do the sc002 look a little slimmer than the rb6s or is that just because the inseam is 36 inches?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 118 15.9%
  • 31 - 40