• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Silver belt buckle

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would this work with a monochrome grosgrain band - with jeans? Sterling silver enamel over guillochÃ
(engine-turned) pattern. Length is 7 cm (2,7 in).

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Didn't the pic work? It's really the only photo I have.

Edit: Photo fixed, I hope.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a ladies buckle(vintage), originally meant to be worn with a dress. That said, I don't think that it's substantial enough (too narrow) to work with jeans

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I think he meant show us a picture of the end product - attached to a belt, worn with jeans. The photo with your initial post works fine. Ladies' buckle or not, I like it.
Oh, I see - and thanks, I like it too, mainly for the workmanship. It's really quite sturdy, although Tomasso is of course right about it being a ladies' buckle. (Around 1910, judging from the hallmarks. I didn't want to tell about it being a ladies' one - but it seems that that one's too obvious.) Haven't decided about buying it yet - but if it's that obviously a ladies' one, I'm having second thoughts. Might just look odd.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's another one - I think this might not be any less feminine, but here goes (the silk belt is completely worn out and will have to be changed):
Now picture a leather strap on this - too effeminate?

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40