• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silver and Pink Suit Combination (Flamboyant)

LordJoshAllen

Reaction score
Hello all. I wanted to showcase my latest outfit. I've made many colour combinations of clothing in the past, I'm especially fond of gold and black but I wanted to try something new. Those of you who don't know me, I don't play by the rules and I enjoy ostentatious dressing. A combo of strong silver and pastel pink goes very well together. The shoes are wonderful, I'm aware they aren't to everyone's taste but I love them. I'm a fan of metallic shiny clothing that glistens like silk. This blazer here is one of my favorites. Double-breasted, peak lapels, longer cut with a powerful sheen. It reflects the light beautifully which is great for me because I'll be performing a few songs at a local club soon and I wanted to make a solid statement. I also have an alternative version of this outfit, instead of the pink trousers, pink shirt, and colourful tie, I often opt for black trousers, black dress shoes with a white shirt and a white bowtie. I will take some pics soon. I was thinking of adding a pink rose to the lapel. Has anyone else rocked silver and pink?
Lord Josh Allen - Silver and Pink Suit copy.jpg

Lord Josh Allen - Pink and Silver Suit Open.jpg

shiny silver blazer.jpg

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those fit comments are correct.

The jacket and shirt actually are compatible, but the rest of it isn't and the not-pictured alternative does not sound better. Mid-gray pants, a tie with that blue as the one color, and hard-to-find gray leather dress shoes might look okay. Let the jacket, shirt, and hair do most of the talking.

LordJoshAllen

Reaction score
Those fit comments are correct.

The jacket and shirt actually are compatible, but the rest of it isn't and the not-pictured alternative does not sound better. Mid-gray pants, a tie with that blue as the one color, and hard-to-find gray leather dress shoes might look okay. Let the jacket, shirt, and hair do most of the talking.
Sounds fine but a bit too conservative for my taste! I'm very ostentatious and I like to be extravagant.

Attachments

• Lord Josh Allen - Daddy Cool copy.jpg
    Lord Josh Allen - Daddy Cool copy.jpg
    425.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Lord Josh Allen as GOLDENBOLT.jpg
    Lord Josh Allen as GOLDENBOLT.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 73
  • furcoat.jpg
    furcoat.jpg
    294.2 KB · Views: 76

LordJoshAllen

Reaction score
I have a lot of very flamboyant clothes. I'm not one for dressing down very often. Thank you all for the advice, it is noted!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads