• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silvano Lattanzi Appreciation Thread - Pictures, Impressions, Questions

haloitsme

Reaction score

Attachments

• ACBF9759-0BA7-45F8-B558-44A37B671543.jpeg
    ACBF9759-0BA7-45F8-B558-44A37B671543.jpeg
    70.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 06EC1488-AE68-4C13-8A5E-0EE37D65743F.jpeg
    06EC1488-AE68-4C13-8A5E-0EE37D65743F.jpeg
    122.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 2B0A0F17-B1E9-4721-85EA-BA05A3FA8437.jpeg
    2B0A0F17-B1E9-4721-85EA-BA05A3FA8437.jpeg
    81.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 735F2D28-FFF1-404E-AAC3-CE71E44B1F17.jpeg
    735F2D28-FFF1-404E-AAC3-CE71E44B1F17.jpeg
    91.3 KB · Views: 153

haloitsme

Reaction score
I just checked a price list from 2 years from Lattanzi, somehow I thought the prices were cheaper.

Prices in EURO, incl. VAT, RTW models only!

1. shoes like moccasins are +- 2500€
2. Sneakers 2100-2400€
3. Dress shoes with patina (calf) 3875€
4. Dress shoes with patina & special upper (calf) 4400€
5. Norwegian stiching on sole = surchage 1000€
6. Alligator leather shoes start at 6000€

Last edited:

sforum1

Reaction score
I just checked a price list from 2 years from Lattanzi, somehow I thought the prices where cheaper.

Prices in EURO, incl. VAT, RTW models only!

1. shoes like moccasins are +- 2500€
2. Sneakers 2100-2400€
3. Dress shoes with patina (calf) 3875€
4. Dress shoes with patina & special upper (calf) 4400€
5. Norwegian stiching on sole = surchage 1000€
6. Alligator leather shoes start at 6000€
He's not going to take MY 3875euro for a pair of RTW shoes. As to the rest, it's their money.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why is the leather so much lighter near the welt if these aren't hand painted?

sforum1

Reaction score

Why is the leather so much lighter near the welt if these aren't hand painted?
And what does 'leather patina' (vs painted) even mean? The patina got there by itself?

Those shoes though I have to say are nice. Given how much EG, JL etc charge these days, I would pay up to $1500-$1800 to get them today if I had the chance, but I would not pay $8K.

haloitsme

Reaction score
I was told, that the leather (patina), I posted, is done by leather abrevations, storage, atrificials stains, and hand brushes. It is true? Don't know.
--> Also look at the Cordovan shoes I posted, in color with patina. Never seen someone else offering this. (persumably patina by hand brushes)

I was told, Lattanzi bearly paints on leather as Berluti. It is true? Don't know.
Is the price too high? Don't know.
Do you pay 3x just for the name? Don't know.

rwtc

Reaction score
Lattanzi to my knowledge has never produced shoes for Kiton. They are however legitimate Kiton dress shoes. Do note that usually 9UK is equivalent to 10US, not 10.5US. I believe the Kiton accessory / footwear workshop is currently led by a fellow named Antonio (not Meccariello) and has no relation with the Lattanzi workshop.

sforum1

Reaction score
Can any Lattanzi enthusiasts here ID if these Lattanzi x Kiton shoes are legit?

Why do you want to buy shoes like that for $195. These days when people stopped wearing dress shoes you can find brand new/like brand new good shoes for just a little bit extra. I would not pay $195 for these shoes if they were brand new, let alone pay $195 for them when the only place they belong to is the garbage.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Why do you want to buy shoes like that for $195. These days when people stopped wearing dress shoes you can find brand new/like brand new good shoes for just a little bit extra. I would not pay $195 for these shoes if they were brand new, let alone pay $195 for them when the only place they belong to is the garbage.
Where do you find new Lattanzi/Kiton shoes for a bit more money?

sforum1

Reaction score
Where do you find new Lattanzi/Kiton shoes for a bit more money?
Does it have to be Kito/Lattanzi? First of all, not sure what Lattanzi has to do with those shoes, but even if he does, how special they are and why. The point I was making was that those shoes are filthy, disgusting, have been resoled a multiple times and when the owner finally dicided to throw them in the garbage because even he could not stand them and how stinky they were, and how embarassing they were to wear outside of his house in public, someone decided to 'rescue' them and sell them on eBay.

But if you are so much in love with them, ask the seller to sell them to you for $10-15 + actual shipping.

Last edited:

haloitsme

Reaction score
Does it have to be Kito/Lattanzi? First of all, not sure what Lattanzi has to do with those shoes, but even if he does, how special they are and why. The point I was making was that those shoes are filthy, disgusting, have been resoled a multiple times and when the owner finally dicided to throw them in the garbage because even he could not stand them and how stinky they were, and how embarassing they were to wear outside of his house in public, someone decided to 'rescue' them and sell them on eBay.

But if you are so much in love with them, ask the seller to sell them to you for $10-15 + actual shipping.
Personally, I would not buy those worn-down shoes. Same as your thought.
I just thought you know a current deal/sale event where they blow out Lattanzi/Kiton shoes :).

sforum1

Reaction score
Personally, I would not buy those worn-down shoes. Same as your thought.
I just thought you know a current deal/sale event where they blow out Lattanzi/Kiton shoes :).
If I'm not mistaken, I have seen some of the Italian sellers on eBay who sell Kiton shoes discount dress shoes down to as low as $500 at times, including shoe trees. I personally bought a pair for $450 on Farfetch but I ended up selling it because I was not impressed but also they did not fit as well.

They are nice, as in better than Meermin and Allen Edmonds etc, but certainly not $3500 nice. I would say $700 nice.

Btw, the $3500 I did not just make it up, this is actually how much Mitchells are charing for Kiton shoes. But that makes sense, because Kiton has determined that the higher they price their stuff the more they will arouse their target buyers and get them to buy. It works. It absolutely does. 100% of the time.

Last edited:

ijustknow

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, I have seen some of the Italian sellers on eBay who sell Kiton shoes discount dress shoes down to as low as $500 at times, including shoe trees. I personally bought a pair for $450 on Farfetch but I ended up selling it because I was not impressed but also they did not fit as well.

They are nice, as in better than Meermin and Allen Edmonds etc, but certainly not $3500 nice. I would say $700 nice.

Btw, the $3500 I did not just make it up, this is actually how much Mitchells are charing for Kiton shoes. But that makes sense, because Kiton has determined that the higher they price their stuff the more they will arouse their target buyers and get them to buy. It works. It absolutely does. 100% of the time.
Kiton factory was built by Antonio Meccariello before he set up his own brand. The shoes were great.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lattanzi did make for Kiton at one point,
after Antonio Meccariello left.
The Lattanzi for Kiton do not appear to be the true Lattanzi because the soles are machine stitched on the Kitons.

Lattanzi - machine sewn 1.jpg
Lattanzi is using machines a lot more in making his shoes these days.
Other machine made lines are also sold under his name,
for example this,

Lattanzi machine made 1.jpg

There are also these cheaper looking machine made versions.
And look,
it appears he is using a rand (fake welt) to give an impression of a blake-rapid shoe,
:eek:but it only a blake shoe or at most a half blake/rapid shoe.
Lattanzi blake shoes 2.jpg
Lattanzi blake shoes 3.jpg

Lattanzi can still make the good ones,
but increased profit seems more important now.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics