• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silvano Lattanzi Appreciation Thread - Pictures, Impressions, Questions

sforum1

Reaction score
No,
Lattanzi uses a lot of that high quality vintage leather on many of their shoes.
Not all Lattanzi shoes use vintage leather.
Me know that because the antiquing has a unique look on that vintage leather.
Bespoke shoemaker who stay at Lattanzi tell me this.

That other thread is not good.
The man who repaired that Lattanzi is not from Silvano Lattanzi workshop.
He is third party repairer.
That cloth on insole also indicates a third party repair.
Cannot hold Lattanzi responsible for shoddy third party work.
Those picture you see not Lattanzi workmanship.
Lattanzi workmanship different to that.

You pay the big $$$$ if you want the best.

Remember also,
many good makers say the leather not what it used to be.
One Edward Green man say the leather not good in 1950.
Leather not as good now as it was 30 years ago.
The vintage leather from England is the way to go.
Me know the leather unique and very high quality.
The best leather.

That thread say Lattanzi the last of the great shoemakers.
He probably right.
Who uses real high quality leather anymore?
Shoe makers use the best they can get,
but it not what it used to be.
Who can do all the constructions?
Who can get that special antiquing effect unique to that vintage leather?

Scafora = machine stitched sole.
The real function of scafora shoe is missing and integrity of construction = limited.

Hard to explain the special Lattanzi factor,
but you see it now?
lol, not really.
In any case, I’m not going to pay $6K for Lattanzi shoes because they may or may not use some kind of special leather to make them (btw, did it ever occur to you that there isn’t an infinite supply of this special leather?) and because it’s likely that I’ll be luckier than that other guy and the soles won’t come off 8 weeks later.

If I find a pair for $20 I’ll take my chances.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lol, not really.
In any case, I’m not going to pay $6K for Lattanzi shoes because they may or may not use some kind of special leather to make them (btw, did it ever occur to you that there isn’t an infinite supply of this special leather?) and because it’s likely that I’ll be luckier than that other guy and the soles won’t come off 8 weeks later.

If I find a pair for $20 I’ll take my chances.

Their target market is Russian oligarchs for who these shoes are a rounding error compare to what their mistress spends on cloths

sforum1

Reaction score
Their target market is Russian oligarchs for who these shoes are a rounding error compare to what their mistress spends on cloths
That I can fully accept. If you have money, it makes sense to seek to buy the most expensive there is of everything (regardless of quality/price ratio). Kind of how you walk into a luxury jewlery store and you ask to be shown the most expensive piece they have. No other criteria, just price.

But normal people are wise to what's really going on with these shoes.That's why shoes that are $6-10K supposedly, on eBay they can't even sell for $400.

Son Of Saphir

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lattanzi client is typically the jet set crowd who like best of everything.
Mr Lattanzi say only 400 client own over 12 pair of his shoe.

But normal people are wise to what's really going on with these shoes.That's why shoes that are $6-10K supposedly, on eBay they can't even sell for $400.
That is very interesting.
Not everyone appreciate what they are.
Not everyone like the styling.
Lattanzi must make good profit in his alligator shoe mark up,
it now over $20,000 usd.
Interesting how Berluti sell for high price on ebay,

sforum1

Reaction score

it now over $20,000 usd.
even Magnanni sell for higher price than Lattanzi on ebay.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it now over $20,000 usd.

People who claim to buy “the best of” everything rarely do - they just buy overpriced tacky luxury products. Getting fleeced without knowing it. Lattanzi’s prices are a joke.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Like, now, is this considered a "masterpiece"? I'm serious, if it is, what about it makes it a such? Or is this a lower-end pair?

No. Does come I think in a red box. Does are more machine made, nothing like the true lattanzi. Also reflected in the price.

haloitsme

Reaction score
Wow, you are making a lot of assumptions there.

For example you are assuming that Lattanzi is using that vintage leather they once bought on all their shoes and G&G "leather not likely as good", and therefore paying $6K for a pair is justified. So making a lot of favorable ASSUMPTIONS which are just assumptions but then at the same time ingore the FACTS from that other thread.

I appreciate your passion though. You certaily sound like if he was charging $16K you would still think they are worth every penny because "Lattanzi is very special".
16k$ Rooky number if you want Lattanzi alligator

haloitsme

Reaction score

it now over $20,000 usd.
Because Lattanzi is not so well known. Peaple who know and appreciate it, buy it retail.
Ebay and co. Works hard for niche brands

haloitsme

Reaction score
People who claim to buy “the best of” everything rarely do - they just buy overpriced tacky luxury products. Getting fleeced without knowing it. Lattanzi’s prices are a joke.
Honestly, I think the discussion is useless.
You are not the target customer of Lattanzi, so probably you are also not targeted by kiton , Zilli, STefano Ricci etc.
are you in the market to spend 6.000$? If no, why bother? Berluti are also equally priced (rtw) with much less handwork and mediocre leather quality.

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the discussion is useless.
You are not the target customer of Lattanzi, so probably you are also not targeted by kiton , Zilli, STefano Ricci etc.
are you in the market to spend 6.000$? If no, why bother? Berluti are also equally priced (rtw) with much less handwork and mediocre leather quality.

Since when does Berluti cost 6k rtw? they are much lower.

I get what their value proposition is and the same for rtw kiton etc. To me Lattanzi feels like an over the top version of that. It would be like Kiton charging 20k for a regular rtw suit…

I always smell bs. though when people talk about the best of the best. Are you truly claiming Lattanzi are the best made shoes in the world? I seriously doubt that….

JohnMRobie

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can’t tell if this thread is a troll or not. But if so, outstanding performance art work by the people pretending Lattanzi are anything other than over priced, average handmade shoes with pretty ugly lasts made for people with more money than taste or knowledge.
601D0B33-A96C-4D46-8BE2-74A397EA0540.gif

haloitsme

Reaction score
Since when does Berluti cost 6k rtw? they are much lower.

I get what their value proposition is and the same for rtw kiton etc. To me Lattanzi feels like an over the top version of that. It would be like Kiton charging 20k for a regular rtw suit…

I always smell bs. though when people talk about the best of the best. Are you truly claiming Lattanzi are the best made shoes in the world? I seriously doubt that….
Lattanzi is among the best. In RTW (reflected in the price) and bespoke.

Starting from leather quality & choice (Symmetrie of alligator hides), artificial aging processes, handwork etc.

Is it the best for you? Don’t know! But where else would you find such sometimes over the top shoes, next to elegant evening shoes in almost every thinkable Last stocked?

Is Lattanzi overpriced, yes! But who cares when you make 10 million a year?

Ok I might be wrong with Berluti, but you pay 2000€ for mediocre leather quality, basically machine made, with a hand painted patina.

And yes, Kiton charges 20,000$ and up for some RTW suits.

bicycleradical

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would someone spend 6 grand on RTW shoes when one could have bespoke shoes made for a similar, if not lower price?

Proleet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lattanzi is among the best. In RTW (reflected in the price) and bespoke.

Starting from leather quality & choice (Symmetrie of alligator hides), artificial aging processes, handwork etc.

Is it the best for you? Don’t know! But where else would you find such sometimes over the top shoes, next to elegant evening shoes in almost every thinkable Last stocked?

Is Lattanzi overpriced, yes! But who cares when you make 10 million a year?

Ok I might be wrong with Berluti, but you pay 2000€ for mediocre leather quality, basically machine made, with a hand painted patina.

And yes, Kiton charges 20,000$ and up for some RTW suits.

their suits don’t start at 20k. Lattanzi is relatively overpriced if you compare it to Kiton. Sure you could argue it doesn’t matter if you make millions but by that vein you can argue they could charge 50k and people would pay it…

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads