• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silk Knots

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any ebay sellars or other online sources of silk knots? I would like to pick-and-choose either individual pairs or perhaps 2 and 3 pairs at a time if I have to.

I know at one point someone posted an ebay seller who sold in such a manner, but I cannot seem to find them on ebay nor can I find the post.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

HPB

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted at one time about EBay seller "Pathol", who sold (and shorted) me on a few silk knots. Pathol went out of business amid a flurry of negative feedback. The links she did send were fine. I then later bought some Thomas Pink links from Ebay seller "Dynamoman"-goods were shipped quickly as promised. I happen to think that all these links are all the same, no matter who the retailer. I've bought silk knots from Jay Kos, J Press, "Pathol", Thomas Pink, and they all look the same to me. They're not really silk either (more like better looking rubber bands), which is good-they don't break like the "real" silk knots that Charvet sells. Edit: Prior discussion started August 10, 2004 and was entitled silk knot cufflinks.

Nonk

Reaction score
TM Lewin have a 50% off all stock sale on at the moment, with a good selection of silk knots at a very reasonable £3 (down from a very overpriced £6)

water

Reaction score
T.M. Lewin is okay if you live in the UK or Europe. Not sure if you would want to pay the absolutely ridiculous 15GBP shipping fee for a couple of silk knot cufflinks.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You might try Neiman Marcus. The price isn't the best, and you don't get to choose exactly what you want, but the selection of colors in their sets is more interesting that what's at BB.

Tom

Reaction score
Are silk knots really all the same? I just buy mine on e-bay. They get shipped from hong kong, but the knots that I wear the most (red pair and navy pair) always come apart. not in the middle, but one of the knots starts to come untied.

-Tom

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are silk knots really all the same?  I just buy mine on e-bay.  They get shipped from hong kong, but the knots that I wear the most (red pair and navy pair) always come apart.  not in the middle, but one of the knots starts to come untied.

-Tom
Maybe they aren't. My own navy/red links don't have this problem.

Nonk

Reaction score
T.M. Lewin is okay if you live in the UK or Europe. Not sure if you would want to pay the absolutely ridiculous 15GBP shipping fee for a couple of silk knot cufflinks.

Fair point that.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, I never even noticed that Jantzen sells links.

Were I placing an order today I would likely include the links, but I think I will look elsewhere for now. The Quality/Price ratio is worth the wait for shirts.....I would rather just pay $4 in the US for knots if I know I will receive them this week.

HPB

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads