• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silk knot cufflinks

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been paying $8.50 to $10.00 each for these at J Press or Jay Kos (they're from the same maker), so this seems like a good deal. Does anyone have experience with this seller? Or are all silk knot cufflinks the same anyway? Â (with the exception of Charvet, which sometimes break) http://<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/......28&rd=1</a>

Phil

Reaction score
id have to second that about the Charvets. Ive owned 2 pair, both broke within a month of buying them. Ive owned other brands for 15 years, never broke. I would think the ones you reference are fine, at that price why not take a chance?

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I think Brooks Brothers sells theirs for 4 pairs/$20. I've been meaning to pick some up there.

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
how do you gentlemen select silk knot color in relation to tie/shirt/suit/shoe color? any examples - for example the classic (and possibly boring) combination of white shirt, navy suit, red tie and black shoes. what color silk knot would you advise?

i've been wearing silkknots that match or have some of the ties color in them but dont like the look too much.

STYLESTUDENT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how do you gentlemen select silk knot color in relation to tie/shirt/suit/shoe color?  any examples - for example the classic (and possibly boring) combination of white shirt, navy suit, red tie and black shoes.  what color silk knot would you advise?
I match the secondary color in the tie with a solid cufflink (e.g. for navy tie with burgundy stripes, I'd use a burgundy cufflink). Most of mine, though, are the two-tone (turks head) variety and have navy as one color (most of my ties are navy). I use the second, non-navy color in the cufflink to pick up the secondary color in the tie (it makes it easy).

drljva

Reaction score
id have to second that about the Charvets.  Ive owned 2 pair, both broke within a month of buying them. Ive owned other brands for 15 years, never broke.  I would think the ones you reference are fine, at that price why not take a chance?
Has happened to me as well. They're lovely, but they never last me very long...

JV

Caballero

Reaction score
I've purchased mine at Brook Bothers, and I've had any problems. I believe they cost about $7.00.

Tom

Reaction score
I buy all my knots on e-bay. I have several pairs of every color. I break them constantly.

-Tom

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads