1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

SILENT Damir Doma SS012

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by quarry, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Ivwri

Ivwri Senior member

Yup. Got it :)

2. Ascent

Ascent Senior member

Nevermind, did not read it properly at all lol.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  3. the shah

the shah Senior member

4. quarry

quarry Member

The deadline for ordering Silent Damir Doma SS012 is middle of this week.
    Can you confirm if you will be placing an order for SS012?
    If so do you think you can place a selection by Thursday?
    I am working nonstop to make this order a reality which makes it possible to order Damir Doma mainline for FW12.
    We would really like this option, but it is only possible if we manage to receive enough support at this time with the Silent collections.
    If you are interested in participating, please send your confirmation ASAP and let me know if you have any questions or concerns about anything regarding this buy.

Pricing is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than retail value, especially when placing a larger order.
    The deposit amounts vary from each style (30-70% of the total price).
    A larger order reflects a larger deposit percentage (reduced total price).
    *Note Surma and Donga variations are higher in price.

1-2 items: 30%
    3-4 items: 50%
    5-7 items: 60%
    8 + items: 70%

5. blynch

blynch Senior member

anyone interested in combining a order? I probably want only 3-4 items, but the 8+ price would save an additional $80 or so.

Also, what timeframe would these be expected for delivery?

6. notwithit

notwithit Senior member

What's your location? Seems like that'd be a factor if combining an order.

7. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

^ +1. I might want a couple style.

8. stick

stick Senior member

The point of the volume discounts is that a minimum order amount is necessary for the order to go through. At the same time, there must be a decent enough spread across sizes and styles so that this appears to be a buy for a store and not a custom order for individuals.

Combining orders to submit to him defies the purpose of the volume discount and makes it more likely that the buy will simply fall through.

9. blynch

blynch Senior member

this makes no sense, combining orders has nothing to do with the buy going through. It is as if one person just bought more, and then didn't want it and put half of it on b&s.

I'm in Indianapolis btw.

10. stick

stick Senior member

You're an idiot. The point of the volume discount is to get individuals to buy more items, not to consolidate orders.

Volume discount is to incentivize a larger total order. You combining with other people's orders to get a larger discount from egocomplex does not contribute to the overall order size. The "savings" you're getting are not being passed on from Silent, but are coming out of egocomplex's already small profit margin.

1 person likes this.
  11. blynch

blynch Senior member

fair enough, but with combining orders you would get some people buying who would otherwise have not purchased at all.

12. quarry

quarry Member

This is exactly right. It's important to understand what drives the entire cycle for wholesaling.
    The supplier sells goods to a third party , (egocomplex) who will sell the goods on to the consumer. We are a startup e-boutique, which means we have not many overheads, but we still have to make investment in stock. We are not an established retailer, we are not a department store, so we simply cannot afford to retail without support from a pre-order system.
    Taking orders is extremely daunting task because it involves dealing with each order individually, handling hundreds of prices and details of delivery with the supplier to name a few things.

Typically we would calculate the price that the garment will need to be sold for in order to reach a mark-up price. As you know, the markup price is the difference between the selling price and the manufacturer's cost price, however you should notice that the pricing we are dealing with here is not a typical selling price. Note* a retail selling price is typically 2.5 or 3 times the price of the our cost price. We are dealing with prices that are not even at 1 times the manufacturers price. Even if we were dealing with typical markups of 2.5 times, we still would not make a large profit from this mark-up simply because the proceeds are used to cover many costs we have!

Simply put, our pre-ordering system is a rare opportunity to a consumer in this market.
    Based on how much he/she is willing to pay, we have determined the optimum cost price which is simply unrealistic to any retailer that operates behind the premise of making the largest profits for their company. We are lucky to break even after freight costs and import duties. However, we are not dwelling on the fact that we are not profitable yet..what we want to do is make this buy happen at the lowest possible margin to stay afloat and order from future collections.

13. quarry

quarry Member

If anyone has made a selection or has questions about ordering, please contact me directly at hi@egocomplex.net
    The deadline is tomorrow, so I will need all your SS012 selections by then.

14. quarry

quarry Member

I am making some exceptions with individual orders in regards to reaching better rates for the deposit - total costings. Email me direct and I will assist you!