• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Significant other annoyed at your layers and accessories?

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I am curious to know other's experiences.

Sometimes my special lady friend and I will return to my place after a night out, drinks, whatever, and we are becoming, shall we say, intimate. She would always get so get annoyed with me that I ruin the mood because I have a coat, jacket, tie, cufflinks, shoe trees and all of this stuff to take off and put proper and such. At this point she knows me well enough and thinks its "cute", but have any of you irritated your significant other because you need to put your shoe trees in and unbutton your cufflinks take off your tie, etc?

EvilFish

Reaction score
I think you seriously need to reevaluate your life if you're stopping to put shoe trees in your shoes in these situations.

My girlfriend has gotten annoyed with my cufflinks a few times though; I sometimes find them incredibly finnicky to remove and I can't my my hand through the cuff with them in.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
yep. in the heat of the moment, cufflinks can be a ***** to get off....and i turn into a total prick when a girl tries to take off my tie or uses it to pull me toward her...they may think its sexy but it pisses me the **** off. In the back of my mind im wondering where all of my clothes are and hoping nothing was placed somewhere that it may get dirty.

but after penetration all of this goes away.
smile.gif

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EvilFish
I think you seriously need to reevaluate your life if you're stopping to put shoe trees in your shoes in these situations.

+50,000

Also, if you're doing it correctly, you shouldn't even be the one removing your clothes.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You need to work it into your foreplay routine. Put on some Marvin Gaye and do a sexy little dance as you take off your clothes piece by piece. The anticipation that will be building inside of her will do half the job for you.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DerekS
yep. in the heat of the moment, cufflinks can be a ***** to get off....and i turn into a total prick when a girl tries to take off my tie or uses it to pull me toward her...they may think its sexy but it pisses me the **** off. In the back of my mind im wondering where all of my clothes are and hoping nothing was placed somewhere that it may get dirty.

smile.gif

i think pulling on someones tie is a capital offense in some countries

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EvilFish

I think you should be banned from this forvm, you're obviously not up to its standards.

Originally Posted by DerekS

smile.gif

+100 Thinking its sexy to pull on my six folds. Those F***ers are cut on the bias and stretch. I should have Sam Hober send her a bill for a new one.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
+50,000

Also, if you're doing it correctly, you shouldn't even be the one removing your clothes.

You mean I should trust a woman to handle my clothes properly? I don't think so. If you want something done right you do it yourself...

On that thought I should just use my hand...

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
Seriously? Just rip that **** off. Regarding the shoes, I like to wait a bit before I put my trees in anyways.

chasingred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You think that's a problem. I insist on putting in my shoe trees, gently rolling up my tie, putting my coat on a large hanger with moulded shoulders, folding my pants before hanging them so the crease doesn't get ruined, and then putting my knit in a cedar lined drawer just in case there are critters out.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chasingred
You think that's a problem. I insist on putting in my shoe trees, gently rolling up my tie, putting my coat on a large hanger with moulded shoulders, folding my pants before hanging them so the crease doesn't get ruined, and then putting my knit in a cedar lined drawer just in case there are critters out.

I'm glad we are on the same page.

Threadbearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seems to me that if you spend too much time on your clothes at that particular moment, you're sending your lady a clear signal that you value your material possessions more than the act you are about to perform. It also implies that you take her for granted, in that you're willing to risk losing the mood merely to prevent wrinkled fabrics.

Don't get me wrong. I share your desire to hang my clothes properly the moment I take them off. But in certain circumstances, I fight that urge.
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.2%

Forum statistics

Threads