• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sig. Sabino -- what are the views?

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Italian tailor Sabino, who visits NYC several times per year? If so, what are your thoughts of his work -- fit, styling and worksmanship? Can someone also comment on his pricing (sorry for being so Bresch-like)? I have read elsewhere that he is not considered top tier, but I would like to hear from some actual customers.

Thank you.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bry2000
Has anyone tried the Italian tailor Sabino, who visits NYC several times per year? If so, what are your thoughts of his work -- fit, styling and worksmanship? Can someone also comment on his pricing (sorry for being so Bresch-like)? I have read elsewhere that he is not considered top tier, but I would like to hear from some actual customers.

Thank you.

Meh. I've seen the work several times when visiting Scafora as they travel together. Lots of flashy stitching but I haven't been impressed with the cut or styling.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
Meh. I've seen the work several times when visiting Scafora as they travel together. Lots of flashy stitching but I haven't been impressed with the cut or styling.
Meh is nicer than I would be about it.

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a new colleague, who is a client of Sabino's and who swears by him. I am not sure that I trust my colleague's taste. He claims Sabino's suits are all handmade. I don't know if they are; I have not inspected one that carefully and likely cannot tell what is machine vs. handstitched. For example, I will not be able to tell if he uses a pre-made canvass, etc.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

That's why I got the wings.

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To be fair, I have visited the manufacturing facilities and it is like a very small scale Kiton. The canvas is machine stitched but very very soft, the fresco unlined that Michele was wearing was well done.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

"We know what you think Smithers." -- Monty Sabino Burns

Manton

RINO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It looks a little too lean and a little too flashy for me.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.