• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Siestas.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Label King, when I was younger, I could not take a nap. First my Siamese cat wouldn't allow it . . . this I endured, for 23 years. Next, even if I wanted badly to nap in the afternoon, I couldn't. The few times I tried, I awoke nauseated, groggy, ill tempered, and intolerable. Just like the Ivan you've always known.
Now, however . . . not only do I crave an afternoon nap, I take one whether I want to or not. No choice involved. Anytime between the hours of three to six. Even if it's for twenty minutes. I can't do without my nap.

MCsommerreid

Reaction score
That something I would love if the US adopted. Working/schooling straight through from 8-7 with a 15 minute lunch break is death to the body and soul.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A 15 minute siesta (or what I call "meditation") is incredibly rejuvinating right around 2:30. It brings lots of energy but yet is very calming.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've spent many a lunch break in my car with a pillow. Speaking of, a nap sounds mighty tempting atm.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In high school I would come home from school every day, shower, and take a nap.

As a kid I was always amazed by how my dad could take naps in random places and fall asleep very quickly. Im glad I can do the same now.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
when i fall asleep during the day i wake up with a stomach ache -_-
i hate it.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shellshock
when i fall asleep during the day i wake up with a stomach ache -_-
i hate it.

Thats because you are a sleep-eater.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Used to take my siesta in the office everyday. Then the internet happened.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Like the Spaniards of times past, I like taking a nap in the late afternoons.

Does anyone else take a nap?

siestas are not a thing of the past. in spain, mexico, and most of latin america, it is standard practice to this day. in spain and latin america, lunch--not dinner, is the big meal of the day. this induces a little fatigue after eating. (dinner is usually a snack.) lunchtime is from 2-4pm. almost everything closes except for the restaurants and gas stations. most people go home, eat with their family, take a little nap, then go back to school/work refreshed. it makes a lot sense.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had recently read that Spain made some ordinances that limited lunch breaks to a very short period of time.

Either way, I find the whole Anglo-Saxon notion of efficency unhealthy and unbecoming.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had recently read that Spain made some ordinances that limited lunch breaks to a very short period of time.

Either way, I find the whole Anglo-Saxon notion of efficency unhealthy and unbecoming.

it's possible. i think i heard something about them being the least efficent european country and wanting to change that. i didn't here any specifics though.

the great thing about it is that rather than eating luch alone or with the dreaded co-workers, you can eat lunch with your family, your friends, or your friend's family. people bring their new girlfriend/boyfriend home to meet the family on any random afternoon, rather than making a big deal of it and introducing them at christmas.

nioh

Reaction score
If I only had the time I would. I used to.

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads