1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Sierra trading purchase

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Lomezz, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior member

Hi, I've been lurking around here for a while now and value the knowledge and opinions of the members here. I've recently purchased this JG Glover Sweater from Sierra trading Post. It was advertised as "lush" and as made of the "finest wool fibers imaginable". I was not familiar with the brand, but I liked the design and the price seemed decent. Upon receiving it in the mail, I still like the design and it seems well made, but the fibers are most definitely not "lush". In fact, this sweater is impossible to wear without an undershirt - it's so itchy. I'l probably keep it, but just wanted to know is this a decent brand? Is the roughness to be expected of this "ňúcountry' type sweater and I'm just being difficult?

2. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior member

BTW, I just noticed they raised the price. I paid $59 for it.

3. j

j Senior member Admin

I've never heard of the brand but it sounds like it is more an outdoor style garment than meant to be comfortable and stylish. It is a nice design though. I had a british wool commando (Wooly Pully) sweater that was very scratchy when I got it but I washed it in the washing machine and pulled it out and dried it in towels, and it has been soft ever since.

I wouldn't expect to wear any thick wool sweater that wasn't merino without an undershirt, though, especially for $59 new.

4. Lomezz

Lomezz Senior member

Thanks, J. That's something I didn't think of - washing it. I'll give it a try.

5. NavyStyles

NavyStyles Senior member

Eww, I've got really sensitive skin, so I won't wear any kind of wool without something in between the clothing and my skin. Though, I must agree merino is -- by far -- the least irritating.